Thursday, December 15, 2011

'Tis The Season

For Christmas parties, apparently. 

We had a Christmas party last weekend, women lawyer's Christmas luncheon yesterday, the local Bar Association's party tonight and a friend's birthday dinner, my work's party tomorrow, I'm hosting a holiday-themed bridal shower Saturday morning, Habitat for Humanity's party Saturday night, our book club (which I am so excited about) Sunday (right--we are still doing this ladies?) a cocktail party next Thursday, and then we leave Friday for our "four Christmases" + NYE adventure (more on that later, I'm sure). 

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to determine what to wear to all these events.
Just Lovely Katherine, Myself, and Katherine at last weekend's party
Last weekend, I wore a vintage dress.  Apparently C's grandmother and I were the same size, and she had some beautiful custom-made party dresses from the 1940s/1950s.  I totally channeled my inner 1950s Celia Foote in this one: it was a bright red and pink striped taffeta (it photographs much shinier than it was in person, and no worries, I promise there was no vomiting in the middle of the party floor).  Seriously, I love all things vintage--age makes everything better.

If you need me, I'll be rummaging through my closet trying to piece together a thousand different holiday-appropriate outfits...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE the dress!

Kerr said...

I love your dress!

Katherine said...

I loved the dress! Had so much fun at Christmas Party :)

Post a Comment