Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sales-children


Apparently, you are no longer safe in your own home. As a rule, I tend to love children and like living in a neighborhood with lots of them. However, enough is enough.

The little girl next door had set up a lemonade stand Monday (which was my first day off work). I am a firm believer of supporting small children so I walked next door and bought lemonade the first day I saw her out there. It cost a quarter and she seemed so happy to make a sale.

However, yesterday she was more persistent and proactive, yelling as soon as I got out of the car that she was selling lemonade. I scrounged up another quarter to pay her off. She informed me that the lemonade is now $1. I quickly realized I don't have enough money to keep this up every day so I told her that I didn't have a dollar and went inside.

Today is a whole new story. I literally went inside and hid all day from the 7 year old. I felt beyond pathetic but I refused to give in. She took a much more proactive approach. She stood on our property line and screamed: "LEMONADE". It was cute, for the first hour. My dog went crazy every time she screamed and between the two of them I now have a dreadful headache that extra strength Tylenol will not cure. I turned up the TV to drown her out. About two or three hours later, my doorbell rings. I ignore it. It rings again. My poor dog is going insane. I finally go answer the door. "Would you buy some lemonade from me?"

I understand that we live on a small court and most people are at work during the day. But door to door lemonade sales?? I gave her a dollar, feeling very defeated.

Ugh. This is going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment