We have our first official showing tomorrow so I have been busy as can be cleaning and baking for the last 6 hours. I have "staged" the house to the best of my ability:
- I did all the usual cleaning, including mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms.
- I have removed all signs of our pets, including the cat tree, feeders, toys, beds and crates, and the animals themselves. Sophia is at Carla's house all week and Ritz is going to work with Cam tomorrow.
- I have taken down quite a few of our pictures that could be distracting, removed some paintings and rugs to make some of the rooms feel larger and show off the floors. I also removed quite a few things from our counters to make them feel larger and cleaned off the front of the fridge.
- I made cookie dough so I can bake some cookies before they come so the house will smell "homey". I also dabbed all the light bulbs with a little vanilla extract. The heat when they are on gives the room a hint of vanilla.
- I cleaned out the closets to prevent them from looking too cluttered.
- I removed some of the side tables and other small pieces that either blocked the walkway or were unnecessary to make the house feel bigger.
- I deep cleaned the carpet upstairs. I have decided that hydrogen peroxide is seriously the best invention for absolutely anything you need. It removed every spot on our carpet that Resolve couldn't get it.
Cam was impressed and kept saying that I really must want to sell this house. At least I feel like I am doing everything I can to appeal to a buyer. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though. We have our first open house scheduled for Sunday so at least I have the house staged for that.
Cam's parents (and maybe Amy and Bryan) are coming up from TN tomorrow to stay with us for the weekend so the house is clean for them as well. I baked peanut butter brownie cups and make popover batter so I won't have as much to do tomorrow. It will be great to see them since we don't make it down there as much as we should. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can have a fun weekend.
For now, fingers crossed for tomorrow!


3 comments:
Bryan and I thought seriously about coming up this weekend. I wish we could... we just didn't have that much time to notify our jobs and its been a long week so we just decided to stay home this time! I hope yall have fun! Maybe we will make it up there next time.
good luck! have you all thought about putting an offer on the other house contingent upon selling yours?
Amy:
I wish you all could have come! Gary mentioned you all were thinking about it. Well have this weekend and we would love to have you sometime soon!
Katherine:
We did make a contingency, but the bank rejected it (they have never accepted a contingent offer on a foreclosure).
BUT GOOD NEWS!
We were just informed that one of the showings will probably want to come back tomorrow which is EXCITING!
Post a Comment