Friday, December 25, 2009

Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

I just realized I hadn't put any pictures of our house decorated, so here are a few. Between finals and all our trips right now, we didn't have time to put up too much, but at least its a little festive.
Our tree.

Family portrait in front of the tree.

Our mantle. Its a little bear without any garland and some of the nutcrackers, but maybe next year.

Detail of Cam's stocking. His aunt stitched it for him when he was born.

Two nutcrackers. Cam got me the grey one from his Germany trip (note the Hofbrauhaus mug).

I was so jealous of Cam's handmade stocking I stitched my own last year, completely by hand.

We received tons of beautiful christmas cards this year and even got a SLAH holder to put them in from Cam's family in TN.

Our house lit up, with a flash...

...and without the flash.

2 comments:

the davidsons said...

I HAVE to know how you made that stocking! It's beautiful! I've always wanted to make a needlepoint stocking but I have no clue where to start...let me know!!!

Lauren said...

I went to a local needlepoint store and she the pattern there. When i had finished stitching it, I took it back to her and she had it lined and backed in velvet to finish it for me. I will warn you it takes a TON of time, but it makes a great keepsake and is worth it to me. I would start with a keychain or a belt and then try the stocking. Right now is a great time to get one since they are generally on sale.

Post a Comment