Cam and I had a great 4th of July. I had never been in Lexington over the 4th and he hadn't been here in 15 years, so it was nice just taking it easy at home and seeing Lexington celebrate. We went downtown to watch Red White and Boom--a country music concert and firework display. We actually cheated and didn't have to fight to crowds downtown--we watched them where I am working this summer. I was pretty impressed with Lexington's show--it lasted about 20 minutes and really pretty.
On Sunday we went over to Cam's neighborhood growing up and watched their backyard fireworks. Their show was also great--and it was pretty impressive that they managed not to catch the golf course, other homes, trees, or themselves on fire.
On Monday, they had a "parade" in their neighborhood of golf carts, bikes, and walkers. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Cam walked Ritz in the parade and my good friend and I drove his parent's golf cart.
Ritz, our pup, ready to go.
All the golf carts lined up to start the parade.
A close up of one of the golfcarts decorated for the parade.
Kids even decorated their mini golf carts and rode.
Others decorated their power wheels, awesome.
Cutest thing ever: one girl went as the "parade princess" in a red white and blue bathing suit, sash, tiara, bouquet, and heels. She clearly got the wave down as well.
Ritz and Cam after the walk.
We then laid by the pool all day and got some sun. The weekend was absolutely a little slice of heaven.
In other news, the kitchen is coming right along. I promise a post TOMORROW of pictures and an update!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Independence Day Weekend!


5 comments:
I did not get to go to Red White and Boom and I was disappointed :( What a cute idea for the neighborhood parade....love it!
Our town's fireworks are also called "Red White and Boom"
You got some really pretty firework pictures! Glad y'all had a fun weekend!
wow! that all looks so amazing. My fireworks photos never come out right!! good job :) xxxooo
Looks like you all had a great weekend - they always do such a nice job with Red, White & Boom!
Post a Comment