Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buenos Aires

We just got back in the States, so I wanted to do a few blog posts with the pictures of our trip. And just for the update, we ended up getting our bags the last day in Buenos Aires, so at least we had them in Santiago.

First, here's a post with some of the pictures of Buenos Aires. Overall, we loved this city.  If you go, stay in Palermo for great restaurants, shopping and nightlife.  The dollar is also very strong in comparison to their peso, so definitely take advantage of the shopping prices!

But, be prepared to get a little ripped off.  Taxi drivers love to overcharge and we somehow managed to get counterfeit money out of an ATM. It is frustrating, but what can you do? At least we saved a ton of money shopping.

Cam said this was the best steak he's ever had in his life and it was HUGE (this is only half of it)

Recoleta cemetery was absolutely beautiful and unlike any other cemetery we'd been to.

Eva Peron's grave.

Entrance to Recoleta cemetery.

Their law school building is slightly more impressive than ours...


hydrolic metal flower that opens every morning and closes every night


Modern art museum

7 comments:

Morgan said...

How fun! The weather looked nice to sight seeing!

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Love all these pics! Looks like y'all had a great time...even without your suitcases. Now I want to go on a vacation. :)

JMB said...

Your pictures are amazing and I think that steak LOOKS like the most delicious stake I have ever SEEN haha. Glad you two had a great trip! Cannot believe you managed to get counterfeit money out of an ATM machine.

Danielle said...

I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you were back. That flower that opens and closes is TOO cool! We had some of the best steak ever on our honeymoon in Aruba. Those South American's really know their cows!

Anonymous said...

glad you made it back safe. looks like you had a wonderful time. thanks for sharing the pics.

Mrs. Bill said...

What a fun trip! Sorry your clothes were MIA for almost the entire trip. Looks like you made the best of it though!

sara said...

What a fantastic trip! Well, with the exception of the lost luggage, I cannot get over that. Well, I guess the silver lining is that you just HAD to do a little shopping while you were there to replenish the wardrobe. :)

Post a Comment