So I get a ton of use from my Kindle (and the free loans from the Lexington Library). Here are some more books to add to your reading list:
Water for Elephants
I'm late on this bandwagon, but it's awesome. Read it.
The Book Thief
Written in Nazi Germany during World War I from the prospective of Death, the book chronicles the life of a poor family. Another astounding book that is hard to put down.
Cutting for Stone
An interesting novel about life in the face of tragedy in Ethiopia. The book draws you in immediately and truly brings the characters to life.
A Discovery of Witches
The book reminded me of a more sophisticated Twilight, involving history, science, magic and vampires. I didn't adore the book like I did some of the others, but it was compelling enough that I will likely read the sequel once it is out.
The Night Circus
I had never heard of it before our book club, but I loved it. A dreamy novel about a magical circus and the lives of those it touches. I don't think it's a coincidence that I wore black and white with a touch of red almost every day to work while I was reading it.







3 comments:
I can't read stories or watch shows about animals who have the slightest amount of hardship, sadness, etc. I don't do well with nature shows when the mother dies or the babies are eaten. Will WFE make me cry? Is it actually about elephants? Oh, and I'm just NOW reading The Help.
I loved both Water for Elephants and The Book Thief! I cried at both of them, but I straight up ugly cried at The Book Thief. Rough stuff but SO GOOD.
I loved The Book Thief! And Water for Elephants and Cutting for Stone are both sitting on my nightstand as next to read. That's so funny that we have similar reading lists!
Post a Comment