The other day, I noticed a small blackhead. It quickly multipled, and I began noticing several more. It was followed by a little uneven coloring, and some slightly blotchy spots.
Clearly, my Clarasonic alone isn't cutting it anymore, so I decided to hit Pinterest for a good blackhead removing remedy (er, two). I tried both of these last night, and I couldn't distinguish between the results this morning, so I will review them together.
Source: crunchybetty.com on Pinterest
Directions for Milk and Nutmeg Microdermabrasion Mask:
Combine a milk (or any product containing lactic acid such as sour cream, buttermilk, etc.) with nutmeg (or an scrubbing exfoliant, like sugar, pepper, salt) until it forms a slightly-runny paste. Start with a clean face, rinse with water, and begin rubbing the paste on your face in light, circular motions for 3-5 minutes. Do not rub too harshly, or it can damage your skin. Rinse completely.
My Twist:
I made my paste first with milk and nutmeg, and then for good measure threw in a dab of sour cream and a hint of ground pepper.
Source: yourskinskin.blogspot.com on Pinterest
Directions for Egg White Blackhead Strips:
Spread a thin layer of egg whites on your face where you want to remove the blackheads. Separate a tissue so you only have one layer, and cut/tear it into the size strips you would like. Cover the egg white on your face with the strips, and apply another layer of egg white over each strip. Allow your strips to harden (about 15-20 minutes), and then remove.
My Twist:
She recommended doing this for your entire face, but I focused on just my chin and nose.Verdict:
The milk/nutmeg concoction really worked wonders, and my entire face feels incredibly soft. I didn't notice anything too dramatic on the egg strips, but my blackheads seem much less noticeable to me this morning. I think, if nothing else, the egg whites were moisturizing. I purposely didn't use my moisturizing cream last night on anything but my eyes, and typically my face would be a giant flake if I don't use it. But, this morning my skin felt very soft, radiant and more even-toned. I definitely want to try to do both of these at least once a week.




2 comments:
This could be life changing. I feel like most cleaning products only defeat the purpose of what I am trying to accomplish, hello! haha
I'm scared to death to try some of these Pinterest "remedies" because I'm afraid I'll wake up with a hotter mess on my face than the one I started with, ha! My skin is not always cooperative!
Post a Comment