Source: kraftrecipes.com
on Pinterest
Directions:
Make 2 9-inch devil's food cakes per the box's directions. Let them cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes, and then cool completely on a rack. Meanwhile, beat 2 cups (1 small plastic container) of thawed cool whip, 1 package of cream cheese, and 12 crushed oreos together. Icing the top of one of the cakes with the cream cheese/oreo concoction, and then place the other cake on top. Microwave 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate and 1/4 cup of butter until both are melted, and mix together. Icing/glaze the top of the cake with the chocolate. Refrigerate until eating.
My Twist:
I did this per the directions, except I used fat-free cream cheese and low fat cool whip. I also did 18 crushed oreos (what can I say, I love me some oreos).
Verdict:
Delish! Everyone loved it, and it was the perfect oreo cake. Despite its rich look, it was pretty light. There was very little left, and I've already been asked to make it again.
For aesthetics, I would go ahead and icing the oreo/cream cheese very neatly before adding the top layer of cake. I assumed the cake would smash down on the oreo, but it didn't at all. I had to fill more cream cheese on the edges after adding to the top layer, and keeping the cake part "clean" was harder than it looks.
For aesthetics, I would go ahead and icing the oreo/cream cheese very neatly before adding the top layer of cake. I assumed the cake would smash down on the oreo, but it didn't at all. I had to fill more cream cheese on the edges after adding to the top layer, and keeping the cake part "clean" was harder than it looks.



No comments:
Post a Comment