Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Snowy Day for Ritz

Ritz got a clean bill of health from the vet. She hates going, even though they are so sweet there. I even brought her favorite toy (the alligator) but it didn't help. She isn't mean, she just consistently wants to run and hide in my lap or behind me. The way it breaks my heart to see my dog get a shot--i know I will be the most horrible mother at the doctor's office.

Whenever the vet left the room, she seemed interested in sniffing out their treats.
But once they gave them to her, she refused to eat them and just kept looking at them. However, once we got home, she devoured them--it is as if she just knew they were going to poison her.

Then this morning, I woke up to this view out of our window:
Clearly mother nature does not know that spring is only weeks away. Unlike everyone, else I am not sick of the snow--I love it. If it is going to be cold, let it snow!

But, I hate not being able to curl up and enjoy it from home with my husband.

Cam had to go to work, as usual. Here's a shot Cam took of New Circle Road at 8 am (I was a little upset to see he was taking a picture while driving with those conditions, but of course I'm just the worrying wife):
And of course, UK believes we should risk life and limb (and car) to drive into class. Here were the road conditions at 10 am when I drove down Tates Creek (only one lane each way was passable) (also, i waited to take the picture at a red light like a good driver should, ahem ahem Cam).
One would assume UK could definitely clear the sidewalks since they dragged us in on what was deemed the most hazardous weather day of the year this far, but of course, that would be too much to ask for.

Luckily, I got to go home and play with Ritz in the snow though afterward.

Here is a video I took with our camera out the window of Ritz playing on our deck (and yes, thats Maury you hear in the background, of course).


Sophia clearly thought Ritz was crazy to be sitting out in the snow.


And of course, Ritz went crazy in the snow:

And then it started coming down a little too heavy for her to be happy anymore outside.
And she was ready to come in--poor thing started shivering at the door.

3 comments:

Brit said...

Hi Lauren! Just Lovely Katherine and I are having a blogger meetup and would love to send you an evite but don't have your email. Please email me at daveandbritplusone@gmail.com or leave it in a comment on my blog if you are interested!!! =)

Brit said...

OMG. I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS YOU UNTIL YOUR EMAIL! =) Yay!

Lauren said...

HAHA! I know with the new last name its hard. I'm going to try to make it--its been WAY too long since i've seen you or katherine!

Post a Comment