Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Blues

Today is a rather boring Monday. I am in the "blah" February stage where I am beginning to hate the dreary weather and I haven't slept well so I'm rather tired. It probably doesn't help I have an oral argument tonight and really just don't want to do it. At all. Blah.

I finally broke down and got a new driver's license today and--of course--I hate my picture. My hair looks too poofy and I realized when I have to look up at the camera my face looks substantially chubbier than it should. Compare this picture to the last license picture (taken only two weeks ago) and you'll see what I mean. Oh well, at least I don't have to take my passport out to the bars with me anymore...



BUT, we did have a great, relaxing weekend. Cam and I have something big scheduled every weekend from now until the weekend of March 26th, so we decided to take advantage of the fact that we had nothing scheduled this past weekend and just took some time to relax! On Friday my wonderful surprised me with Gigi's cupcakes (they just opened in Lexington this weekend).


He brought home a Peanut Butter Cup and Chocolate Strawberry. We both agreed the Peanut Butter Cup was substantially better than the chocolate strawberry. The icing literally tasted like peanut butter fudge. Now that I think about it though, maybe this is why I looked fatter in my license picture....hmmm..
Cam also had stopped at Liquor Barn and picked up a few different beers neither of us had tried so we could do our own at home beer tasting. He picked up Chimay and Old Engine Oil. We absolutely loved the Chimay.


Then on Saturday we went to the AllTech Brewery tour (who brews Kentucky Ale). It is a great, local brewery who currently brews three beers: Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Ale Light, and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Kentucky Ale was actually the local beer we served at our wedding. The tour was very nice--short, informative, and included a tasting of all three beers. Right now, Kentucky Ale is only sold in Kentucky, but AllTech hopes to expand it worldwide after a "debut" at the World Equestrian Games.

And, we found one of the best deals in town: you can purchase a "growler" (a 64 ounce jug) of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale (Kentucky Ale that has been aged in bourbon barrels). You can then bring the empty growler back to AllTech or Liquor Barn and get it refilled anytime. It is one of my favorite beers and it is much cheaper to do it this way than to buy it at the store. Cam and I are definitely thinking this calls for weekly refills. I forgot to take a picture of our growler before we drank it, but here is one I found:


And, of course, on Sunday we went to church and then watched the Superbowl. It was fabulous just to relax all weekend--especially with the busy weeks ahead!


And tonight: LET IT SNOW:)

Much Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment