Its FRIDAY!
We had a great local artist (and good friend of Cam's family) come out yesterday to see our kitchen so she can do a piece for the big blank wall. She is actually going to do a few pieces and let us choose, so *fingers crossed* we may end up getting two of them and putting the other in our dining room. I am beyond excited--I love all of her work.
But, our potential piece(s) won't be the only new art around town...
Horse Mania is a local display of locally sponsored horses decorated by the artist of their choice. It is a great way to bring art throughout Lexington--I've loved walking around downtown and seeing these beauties to remind me of the gorgeous horse country we live in. Here are some of my favorite horses in Horse Mania (there are 82, so I promise I did narrow it down):
Bourbon Barrel Horse

Goochiepoochieploddapony
A Horse of a Different Shell
LewHorse Carroll (done enitrely in Sharpie)
Nightmare
Streamlined
Industrial Revolution

Lady Godiva's Horse
In the Sky with Diamonds





















10 comments:
I'm so excited about Horse Mania! A friend and I are going to map out a run (she may have already) around downtown and try to see them all. Of course we'll have to take our cameras :)
Loving Horse Mania! They're ALL so unique and pretty! I cannot wait to see what kind of painting your friend does for your kitchen!
You know since your kitchen is mostly white (my dream) you could do blue things and have her paint a great big huge WILDCAT haha....just a thought!
<3 this post!
makes me think of the World Equestrian Games coming to town this year... Which my boyfriends band got booked as one of the entertainment spots for the event =} I am very excited for him and his band.
Those are so cute!
I looked at all the photos on the Herald Leader website just the other day! It makes me wish I was home to see them all in person.
The Industrial Revolution Horse is my friend Damon's! I love it!
Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for your encouraging words. :-) Those horses are amazing! My favorite is the one with all the green bushes!
Lauren, thank you for the moral support. It really means alot to me.
I love Horse Mania. the one made with only a sharpie, impressive...(I love love horses)
Wow, how creative!! These are amazing!
LOVE Horse Mania - doesn't it make you proud to be a Kentuckian?! They are all fabulous, but I think my favorite is the Bourbon Barrel Horse - though I am astounded by the Alice in Wonderland horse done all in Sharpie!
Post a Comment