Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Red River and Natural Bridge

On Saturday, Cam and I and our friends Wes and Natasha went hiking in Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge.  It was absolutely beautiful (and hot) and reminded me why I love this state.  Of course, we topped it off with Miguel's pizza and made it home in time to dodge the rain. 

Natural Bridge
Fat Man's Squeeze
View of Battleship Rock from the top of the bridge
Pictures to prove we made it to the top.
Needle's Eye Stairway
View from the bottom of Needle's Eye Stairway
Bridges will be the death of me.
The Gorge.
Wes and Natasha
King of the World
Us at the Gorge
The hills of Kentucky
Covered Stone Bridge


9 comments:

Martha Carolyn said...

What a beautiful hike! I love how swinging bridges look but they scare me to death. :-)

Yes, I have a couple of dresses for sale on etsy, and I plan on adding more. Thank you for asking!

Anonymous said...

I have been to both places... I am going to take my boyfriend one day to natural bridge. beautiful pictures.

Jamie said...

Great pictures! Glad y'all had fun!

JMB said...

Gorgeous pictures! I have wanted to do this! Maybe before the summer is over! I have never been before but my brother has.

Lea Liz said...

I love the natural Bridge, that is where Timmy proposed to me, right on top!! So pretty!

Jill said...

I have never been to Natural Bridge. I need to go! There's so much I need to do and see...I should make a plan, haha! Hey let me know about a date that is good for you and we'll start getting organized :)

sara said...

Beautiful photos - I have always loved Natural Bridge, have hiked and picnicked there many times!

Ashley Turner said...

Natural Bridge is one of my faves! I grew up about an hour away from it and have been promising my hubs that I'd take him there sometimes! Thanks to this post, I just showed him pictures of it and now he's keen to go!

Elisa said...

I love hiking! but that bridge,I don't know, I would be skeptical crossing it. by the way good luck on the search...like one of the comments said, the first job doesn't have to be your dream job (very true) at least that's what happened to me.
buena suerte chica!

Post a Comment