Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Search

This week I have begun the most dreaded thing of all---the job hunt for the permanent, hopefully legal, job.  I've updated my resume and grade sheets, revised cover letters, filled out the online job and clerking forms, am sucking up to professors for letters of recommendation, and most importantly--crossing my fingers and toes that someone will find me employable. 

Nothing like coming out of graduate school in the worst economic circumstances since the Great Depression, right?

10 comments:

JMB said...

Goodluck!! You are going to be just fine! At least there are quite a few law firms where you are! (I would think for practicing law and staying in the bluegrass, you are ahead by location than others?) Stay hopeful, positive, and driven ....and GET a job so I can move to Lexington and become your paralegal......JUST saying haha...*cough* I graduate this spring....

Baby Momma said...

Good luck!! This is a difficult job market but I'm sure you will find the perfect job!!!!! Pretty people always get hired ;) haha

d.a.r. said...

Ughhhh so many of my classmates (Class of 2009) STILL don't have paying jobs...or jobs at all. They are saying that it should pick up for the c/o 2010, but that 2009 is just going to be the "lost class". So sickening..all of that money spent on a freaking doctorate degree...ugh!

But, you can do it. I did, many of my classmates did. You will be a-okay!!

Dollface said...

I hate searching for new jobs!!! But I hope you find something you are happy with!! xxoo

Jamie said...

Good luck, girl! I have my Masters in Education and still no job :( So stressful!

Danielle said...

Good luck! I remember a piece of advice someone gave me when I was job hunting - your first job doesn't have to be your dream job or the place you stay your entire life. Use it as springboard to get to the next level. Again, best of luck!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Good luck Lauren! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Ugh I HATE job hunting! I'm in school right now and was unemployed for about 6 months - finally found a part time job but certainly not enough hours so I need a 2ND part time job. Not fun.

Good luck on your job search! Just keep positive, you'll find something great!

sara said...

Good luck! I'd be happy to circulate your resume to friends I have who still practice in Lexington.

Post a Comment