Cam and I volunteered this weekend with Habitat for Humanity with the firm I am interning at this summer. It was an absolute blast, and after learning more about Habitat, we definitely are interested in doing more builds and being more involved in such a wonderful charity.
Two local firms partnered for this build and were listed as "Buildable Hours"--how cute is that?
The moment Cam thought he'd never see--me in a hard hat with a hammer and Demarcus Cousins style glasses. See those awesomely crooked rows of nails? All me.
Hubs, also looking cool. Except he actually knew what he was doing.
Midway through the build. The support beams were built and the floor joists were nailed in place.
Our finished project--we had about half of the subflooring put in.
Not only did I take pictures, but the news came to our build site and the clip was the "top news story" on a story about funding for a Habitat build in honor of Amanda Ross (but, I know, lawyers actually doing something good for the community is newsworthy in and of itself). Here's the link to the clip (Cam's in the blue hard hat and DTD shirt and I'm in an orange hard hat and white shirt and navy shorts). No making fun of my sitting-indian-style hammering skills either. It was effective, okay?!
Also, in a completely unrelated note, is anyone up for a Lexington get together? Jill had mentioned it, and I think it would be fun! August 27/28th works for me--does anyone else want to do this?
Hope everyone had a good weekend!






4 comments:
Way to go! There have been several times I've wanted to do a Habitat build but I just haven't been able to participate thus far. Hopefully lots of gals will want to get together and we can plan something fabulous :)
What a great community service venture for you. I've always thought that would be fun. I'd love to get together to meet some of you girls in person!
What a great thing to do! You look too cute in your little hat :)
That is so great!
Post a Comment