Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Hodgepodge

So, today is absolutely a hodgepodge.  

First, CONGRATS to everyone who passed the bar!

Now, for Friday confessions. 

1) If I could go back in time, I think I would want to go to the 1950s and be a housewife.  Not because I'd make a good housewife (let's be honest, I'd be awful), it's because I adore the fashion. 


 Does it shock anyone else that this says, "size 12 bust 32 hip 34"? Wow.

2) I tend to wear my hair down all the time only because I don't know to to do anything else with it. 


3) Is there any bigger confidence booster than a good hair day and a strand of pearls? 
NEXT: Eight Questions. Tiffany was sweet enough to tag me in this game where you answer eight questions she wrote, you come up with eight questions, and then tag eight people to answer your questions. So, here are the eight I was tagged to answer:

1. What state do you live in? 
The great state of Kentucky. 

2. Does your family read your blog?
Yes, both C's and my family reads my blog.  It's a big reason behind why I blog--to update our family of our daily occurrences. 

3. Where do you go on vacation? 
We like to travel different places. Some of our favorite are Europe (especially Zurich, Munich and Vienna), Charleston, and Playacar Mexico (where we honeymooned). 


4. What kind of music do you like?
I like almost any kind of music.  I tend to listen to country, classic rock or K-Love in the car (I like something I can sing along with), Citizen Cope around the house, soft rock contemporary or classical when I study, and modern top 40 when I am in a dancing or girly mood.


5. How many brothers/sisters do you have?
I have one half-sister, Ang, and two stepsisters.

Ang and I in Hawaii (ages 4 and 11). Love you!


6. What do you want for your birthday? 
Hmm...my birthday isn't for a while, so I haven't really thought about it.  But, I guess would always love a shopping trip (ahem, C).  Or, an iPhone.  I think I may be the last person on earth without a smart phone, and its time to get out of the dark ages.  A Haan steam mop and floor sanitizer would also be pretty awesome.
 

7. Have you ever met any celebrities, is so who?
Hmm...I've seen plenty of celebrities at Derby, but I don't go up and talk to them.  I've met Hulk Hogan in an elevator (when I was five, but I still remember he being huge).  Pretty exciting life, I know. 

I also hosted Ben McKenzie for an event on campus. Embarrassingly, when they asked me to do it I had no idea who he was and had to Google him.  Fail.   He was extremely nice and down to earth though.

8. Do you have "date night" with your husband? 
We don't really call it "date" night every week, but we try to do something fun together every week.  We also set aside at least one hour a week for "us time," where we are not allowed to have any distractions and just spend time together.


Here are the eight I am writing.  I'm too tired to tag people--whoever wants to answer them can play along!  The more the merrier: 

1. What DIY project are you most proud of? Share pictures.
2. What are you most afraid of? 
3. Why do you blog? 
4. What color lipstick do you wear? 
5. What's your favorite go-to recipe? 
6. What's your favorite place to go (or thing to do) for a cheap date? 
7. How many children do you want? Do you have a gender preference or names picked?
8. What is your favorite fashion trend/look for the fall? 


Whew.  This has been one big ramble, sorry it's hard to follow.  Hope you all have a good weekend and, as always, GO CATS!

6 comments:

Karli said...

I didn't know who Ben McKenzie was until I just googled him - FAIL (on my part too). I guess I've just always known him was Ryan from The OC! :)

Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Kerr said...

Love the KY picture. Kinda makes me homesick!

Ben McKenzie! I am jealous. Love the OC!

Jamie said...

I'd love to have lived in the 50s too :)

I may steal your questions to post this weekend!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kristin said...

I like the question thang. I think i'm gonna have to make some questions too! Have a goodn!

Angela said...

LOVE Citizen Cope. He's going to be at Buster's downtown on the 12th. I can't wait!!

Jill said...

I think I'd have been a terrible housewife in the 50's! I'm too mouthy, lol

Post a Comment