Today is one of those days where I am just frustrated at the world. I've wasted the morning spending money and time on things that should other people should have taken care of or redoing work I've already done.
Everything that frustrates me today is little: small hidden costs and little fees, bad drivers, people being late, files being destroyed, dealing with everything else and not what I had planned for the day, etc. It is so hard for me not to let little things get under my skin. I know its stupid to be in a bad mood because in 5 years (or even a week) these things aren't going to matter. I feel whiny and petty right now, and I'm not happy with my own outlook today.
So, I'm devoting the afternoon to getting into a better mood. Once I finish up my work for journal, I'm planning a bubble bath while watching Dexter to start my day over.
In a completely unrelated note, I would love your advice and input. I am working with Lexington Habitat for Humanity and we are doing a online auction called "Bids for Builds" to auction off things with all proceeds going to Habitat. We are currently collecting items, so I need so item suggestions. What do you think people would bid on that we can get donated? Also, we would love to focus on more "experience" type items rather than tangible items as we think people would pay more for an experience than just a product. Any experience ideas? A few of the ones I've thought of (but haven't gotten yet) are:
-having a local chef cook a dinner for 6 at your home.
-Have a distillery tour/tasting with the master distiller.
And, if anyone wants to donate something (and get the tax deduction) or has connections to locals, I'd love to talk to you about it--just email me at bluegrasslove@gmail.com.



7 comments:
UUUUUggggh I hattte days like you're having today! And then in the end you even end up mad at YOURSELF (like you said) because you cannot even seem to help yourself....JUMP in that bubble bath child! haha
Ideas for the auction:
----------------------------
UK basketball tickets.....football tickets...maybe find someone with season passes who would be willing to give up a game.
Massage/Spa ---you could put together a cute gift bag with the salon's logo and their card or brochure in the bag with the gift certificate to even advertise their business...
groooming certificate for pet
gift certificates to a nice restaurant
cooking classes
Minx nails are the new craze!
maybe put together a cute basket full of Kentucky things together or put it all in one of those blue tubs that you can get monogrammed.
a free gift to have their car detailed
a free certificate for having their lawn cut and maintained for however long with an expiration date?
--- I love the wine tasting.....
I know there is a cigar bar downtown somewhere as well where you can go try different cigars I think?
A shoe shopping spree worth so much money! :)
a gift certificate of choice to a local veternarians office of choice!! (someone did this for me and I LOVED it!)
gas card
service for vehicles like tires rotated and oil change
maybe since it is habitat for humanity you can get something to do with Lowes! Like a big certificate....or a Home Depot. Who doesn't like having free home funishings!! :)
I love these ideas!! Maybe do a cooking class? Or a wine pairing with different meals? that would be fun and I would definitely bid on something like that!
I hate to hear your day got off to such a rotten start. I had one of those on Monday and it took a while to get over it. An early bedtime did the trick for me!
I love the personal chef idea and want to bid on that once you find one! What about finding someone with a vacation house/condo and seeing if they'll donate a week. A babysitting service for a couple weekend nights. A grocery gift card. Hmm, can you tell where my mind is?!
Good luck. Be sure to let us know where we can go bid on these things once the auction opens!
I've had the same kind of day!
Hope the day got better for you! I had one of those this week too!
I like spa day and car maintenance package.
Offer some stuff for people with kids like tickets to a play place of some sort (don't know what's near you).
I would LOVE housecleaning, maid service for a period of time or a deluxe cleaning.
Post a Comment