Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I have so much going on this week that I've been so bad blogging, but everyone needs to take time out of their day and be thankful, right? Being so busy means there is so much to be thankful for:

1. Chilean miners' rescue. How could someone not believe in miracles when we just witnessed 33? I was absolutely mesmerized by this story and how much these men have overcome.  Truly amazing.

2. Sophers. Sophia is my sweet little cat who is currently sitting on my lap attacking my fingers as I type.  She's a fiesty little she-devil, but I wouldn't have her any other way.  
Sophia as a kitten, riding in my lap on her way home.

3. My Presentation is Done. Hallelujah! Now if only I could say the same about my thesis paper...

4. Giveaways.  I won Lindsey Love's giveaway, and I'm super excited. I've never tried the perfume I've won before, so I'm pumped to start smelling like a new woman. 

5. Fall. The leaves are absolutely beautiful right now.  I drove all over the state yesterday, and I was taken aback by how beautiful Kentucky is in the fall. 
Spectrum of fall colors.
My wedding photographer took this picture at the Red River Gorge last fall. Amazing.

6. Conviction.The movie, Conviction, is based on a real story involving the Innocence Project.  I am doing an externship with the Innocence Project this year, and this movie should be a great way for the program to get a little publicity and to help bring light to the problem of wrongful convictions. 

7. Good Beer.  Last night we went to Pazzo's to have their delicious pizza and the beer on special happened to be one of my favorites: Duvel.  It was a great surprise!

8. IT Gurus. The law school has its own IT department to help students and faculty with problems.  They have truly been a lifesaver to me every day this week.  My powerpoint for my presentation wouldn't convert correctly from my Mac, and they helped me divert that minor disaster.  Yesterday, I had to scan in over 500 pictures for my Innocence Project case, and they showed a shortcut way to scan them that took only 45 minutes.  Today, they are helping me convert VHS tapes from my case to DVD so we can make a back up of the originals and watch them from home.  Seriously...amazing. 

9. Pumpkins. I love all things pumpkin.  Pumpkin spice drinks, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin facials, pumpkin candles, ah i could keep going and going. But, the cutest pumpkin right now: 
Cam's nephew, Noah. Seriously, does it get any more adorable for 6 month pictures than this? 

10. Ya'll. Seriously, I'm thankful for you all not giving up on me--I've been so bad at consistent blogging.  Thanks for sticking with me. 

What are you all thankful for this week? 


8 comments:

Jamie said...

We watched the miners being rescued too! How amazing!

Lawrence Family said...

:)

Suze said...

im thankful for a fall break and mid terms are OVER but most of all i second with jamie seeing the miners being rescued was absolutely incredible!!!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

The miners rescue was an amazing miracle!

Mrs. Bill said...

Thank you for this post - specifically your number 1. I have been a little down lately and wondering if there is such a thing as a miracles and you are right. The fact that those miners were rescued alive IS a miracle.

Elisa said...

Hi Lauren,

thank you for your words of encouragement.

Yes there are many things to be grateful for. I love your list. I noticed the movie conviction. i just opened my email and received a free movie screening for the Denver area.. if you know anybody living there, pass the word around.


that photographer did an amazing job capturing the autumn colors.

JMB said...

Miners - AMAZING! God is so good! :)
Conviction - AMAZING! ( I keep saying that word sorry!) I think that would be a unique opportunity for you. In all the different fields I have been introduced to in the legal field - wrongful convictions is something I have never given much thought about and HELLO you know it happens everyday.
Kitty - Cute as a button!!
Noah - He is adorable!! And I am loving his little pumpkin hat!!
Pazzo's - would you believe I have never eaten there? hahaha
IT - Give it up for them!!! I am always amazed at our IT guys here at the office, wouldn't you love to know a fraction of what they do? haha I will think I am having thee biggest crisis and our IT guy is like, REALLY? Because all you need to do is flip this switch hahahaha.

Kerr said...

yum pazzos.
cheer the cats on for me! I will most likely watch it surrounded by gamecock fans. ugh.

Post a Comment