Thursday night we met up with friends at Pazzo's that we haven't seen in forever. Scott and Audrey are truly amazing people and it was great to hear about their lives. Scott just finished teaching in San Fransisco for Teach for America and is now at law school, and Audrey works for Not for Sale, a nonprofit organization helping to end human trafficking. Honestly, both of them are living saints.
Friday night and Saturday morning I worked on my big fifty presentation that I give tomorrow for my thesis seminar that is required to graduate. While C went to Keeneland. So jealous! At least it will be over tomorrow evening.
Saturday night we went to UK game. Although we lost, we played a heck of a game and I am so proud of my Cats. I made two dishes that went over well, so i'll share the easier recipe:
Jalapeno Cheese Squares
-1 lb of cheddar cheese
-diced pimentos and jalapenos to taste
-8-10 eggs
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix the cheddar cheese, pimentos and jalapenos together in a 9x13 pan. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Pour the eggs over the cheese mixture and let bake until the top is golden brown (about 25 or 30 minutes).
Seriously, easiest thing every that everyone seems to love. Also, I mix it all together (including the eggs) ahead of time, so it can save you time there. It also makes a great dish for a morning game because it kind of reminds me of a breakfast casserole or omelet.
My mom and stepdad came up for the game, so it was great to see them. We all went to church in the morning, then went to lunch and to the pumpkin patch.
We went to Boyd's orchard this year, which honestly wasn't my favorite one as an adult. It seems like a great place if you have little kids or if you're looking for a pseudo farm experience. All the large pumpkins were already picked and placed in the front for you to just go select which of the pre-picked pumpkins you wanted. They have a nice country-themed store with all sorts of goodies baked and picked, but it wasn't the "lets go out in the field and pick the Great Pumpkin and apples" experience I prefer. I picked up a great-smelling sweet potato pie candle and a cute spider stand for a pumpkin (ours doesn't have the eyes, which is fine because we like to carve our pumpkins):
We also just purchased our pumpkins and apples pre-picked since we didn't have much a choice. Oh well, we go out to an orchard every year, so at least we know not to go back to that one until we have little kids because they did have child-size pumpkins in a field to pick and had wagons to ride in, ponies, a petting zoo, etc.
Funniest moment of the weekend though goes to a neighborhood child. The boy saw me in the yard arranging my pumpkins with pup, and ran over to pet her. C came out, and of course the boy had to ask, "Is that your daddy?" I about lost it laughing so hard, and C just shook his head. It is clearly because the man hasn't shaved in a month, so he has a total beard going. Of course, the kid just wanted someone to play with him, so C got a helper with washing the cars in the driveway for two hours. It was cute, until he kept coming by and ringing the doorbell and asking if we (or the dog) could play with him. Seriously, 4 separate times that evening. I have a feeling this probably won't stop anytime soon...
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now, off to keep working on this wonderful presentation...



5 comments:
love the stands... I want one.
I watched that UK game too. It was a heart breaker (of course every team I watched this weekend was a heart breaker). I hate that they worked so hard to get back into it only to lose.
That is so cute about the kid! I find that kids have this weird affinity toward me. It's like they're a drawn to me, which is odd considering my circumstances with having children!
What a small world!! I was friends with Scott's sister Kelly M. my freshman year of college.. we lived a couple rooms down from each other in Donovon Hall!
Hey love, you won my giveaway, so make sure you check out my blog!! : ) Congrats!
I am your newest follower from LindseyLove! I love love the pumpkins! Super cute idea!!
http://latache-t.blogspot.com
Post a Comment