Monday, October 18, 2010

Wide World of Kentucky Sports

Ya'll clearly know I couldn't let this FABULOUS weekend go by without a post.  Friday's Big Blue Madness was great.  Clearly, the budget was a little smaller this year than last year (basically, our players didn't come out of the rafters), but it was still impressive to watch. 

 
All in all, I'm so excited for basketball to officially start.

On Saturday, Cam and I tailgated for the game that we were mentally prepared to lose.  I mean honestly, Kentucky had NEVER beaten Spurrier.  Ever.  Add that to South Carolina's win over Alabama last week, we decided to be realistic.  I was more excited about baked beans and twice baked potatoes than I was about the game. 
So the first half lived up to that expectation. We were down 28 to 10 and looked pretty pathetic.  We couldn't make a tackle to save our lives. 
But, we had distractions. Look who came and sat in the row right across from us:
 Yep, that's right. Coach Cal and our amazing basketball team and recruits.   I'm excited about this year's basketball season, but I'm just as excited for next year's as well. It looks like Cal's giving good advice to Gilchrist and Teague already...
 But in the second half, it was a totally different game.  The crowd was electric as we lined up for the touchdown...
 ...that we made with only 1:15 minutes in the game. 
 To help put the nail in the coffin, we made the two extra points. Everyone sat with bated breath for the next 1:15 while we watched South Carolina run it back down the field.

 Only to see USC's Hail Mary play intercepted with :04 left in game.   
 We were so excited!
 So was the rest of the stadium, who felt the need to rush the field.  

YAY!  Anyone else ready to do this again against Tennessee?  


Happy Monday.

8 comments:

Angela said...

I just posted something similar to this! And oh yes we are SO READY to do this again at Tennessee! I am totally jealous of your seats! We have lowers, but our seat neighbors are all about 125 years old and they aren't on the basketball team.

Sara Elizabeth said...

I'm new to your blog & a UK fan too!! That win was amazing!! My close friend from HS, #14, made that interception at the end of the game!! GO CATS!

Jamie said...

What fun pictures! Glad Kentucky won :)

Kerr said...

AH! Calipari so close I would have flipped out! What a great weekend!

Danielle said...

What a great weekend for UK sports! Yes, after 10 years, we were in need of some serious revenge. It's usually us who chokes and does something dumb in the 4th quarter. It was nice for someone else to do it for a change. I kept waiting for them to score but alas, we pulled out the victory! One streak broken, now onto TN!

Suze said...

I too am glad kentucky won! they deserved it!!!:) you got some good seats girl! glad you had a good weekend !!

Amanda Marvin said...

Coach Mitchell's dance during Madness was so AWESOME! I'm sad to say that I stopped watching the game on Saturday, which I rarly do. It was truly a great BIG BLUE weekend.

Mrs. Bill said...

It was a great weekend for UK sports! My husband and I were getting ready to watch The Social Network and he kept getting updates on his phone about the football. He was ecstatic when they won right before the movie started!

Post a Comment