We have a verbal agreement on the new home now and should have the signed contract sometime this morning. Assuming all goes well with the inspections on both homes, we should be moving by July.
I know it sounds cheesy, but this house reconfirms that God has a wonderful plan for us all--even if its not our original plan. Cam and I had picked out two houses we loved. As pathetic as this sounds, I've prayed often over the past few months for our house to sell so we could buy one of these houses. Dear Lord, please let our house sell so we can get this specific house(s). Over the past few months, it seemed to go nowhere. Cam and I think we have a beautiful home, so we never imagined our house would sit on the market (along with every other house in the neighborhood though).
Well, I was talking to my mom Monday night and she said, "Pray for the family whom God will guide to buy your house--that they be happy in your house and it be perfect for them. Then pray that you all find the perfect house." It's embarrassing to admit that it was a rather novel concept--I had basically been offering up desperate pleas and sometimes my frustration, especially when both of the houses we wanted sold on the same day.
Well, these people had come to look at our house Monday morning but said that while they loved the home, there was another in the neighborhood they liked better. Clearly, I wasn't getting my hopes up. Monday evening after talking to Mom, I prayed for the future buyers--that they may enjoy our home and find as much happiness as we have here (we actually got engaged in the dining room, so this house will always be special and filled with wonderful memories). I then prayed that we would find the house meant for us.
Interestingly the next day, the Monday people called again and apparently had not liked the other house in our neighborhood once they saw it in person. They wanted to come back to see ours as soon as possible. As I had some time to kill, I decided to pray the rosary that God's will be done. A few hours later, we had an offer and negotiated the sale.
Of course, we googled the people and what do I find? The wife's blog. They are an adorable, sweet family that are moving to Lexington. And they are very strong Christians that pray often about their move and future house. Call me crazy, but I know God sent this family to our home. Sidenote: as tempting as it was, no I did not leave a comment on her blog. I don't want to admit my stalking ways, except on my own blog, haha!
We then began the hunt for a new home. We had our eye on one that we liked--one that we both agreed we could live in. But when the time came to make the offer, we decided we wanted to look at a long list of homes in our price range again. On Wednesday, we went to seven new houses and two we knew we liked. We walked into one, and knew it was our home. We adore everything about it--the location, the gardens, the layout, the charm. We loved it so much we knew we couldn't make an offer on the first house--it would be selling ourselves short. We even like it more than the original houses we thought we wanted.
The house reminds us of one of our favorite places: Charleston. The side of the house faces the street, it is old and beautiful, and it has the most unbelievable gardens. The funny thing is this house just came on the market last week. If we had sold our house even a week earlier, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to even see our dream home. I'm now so thankful that it seems to be working out perfectly. We are so incredibly blessed. So, without further adieu, here are a few pictures of our *almost* home:
 |
| A peek inside the front garden. |
 |
| I'm thinking a Kentucky state flag is in order... |
 |
| We negotiated the vintage church pew and potted inpatients on the porch..isn't it just charming? |
 |
| Other side of the porch...I'm thinking a large rocker but Cam wants a cafe table.. |
 |
| View of walkway around back that leads to... | |
|
 |
| ...this brick courtyard. This is seriously my new oasis... |
 |
| There's even a koi pond and fountain. |
 |
| I don't want to do too many inside pictures because it has their stuff in it, but here's a picture of the foyer. I'm leaving this wallpaper I think as it is neutral. |
 |
| The entire house will be hopefully be painted, but isn't this great room amazing and full of potential?! (don't worry, the kitchen cabinets will be refinished...) |
Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that all goes well with inspections and such so this beautiful home will be ours by July.
18 comments:
Congratulations on the home! His perfect timing blows us away time and time again.
Can I come and visit once you move in? haha I LOVE all of the gerdens and foliage, just beautiful! What a beautiful house!! God has awesome timing!!!!! Congrats girl!!
I hope you get it!!! It does look like a Charleston home!!!!
Omg I have to show my fiane these pictures. This house is gorgeous. This is like one of my dream houses! :) Keep you fingers crossed :)
XO
Samantha
yay!
your house is darling!! I just love it, so much curb appeal. I was the same way when we were trying to sell our house last year. I never prayed for our house to sell, I just said to God that I know our house will sell if it was meant to be..(and it was!!)
OMGSH! This house is the most amazing beautiful home, ever! The vintage pew with the potted plants, melted my heart. =) I am crossing my fingers that this goes well for you!
Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL house!!! What a dream. I hope it all works out for you.
My fingers and toes are crossed for you love!!
it's a beautiful home!! I hope you get it.
Congratulations! It's BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see everything once y'all are moved in :)
The new house is amazing such charm love it! I don't see any of that here in AZ....:(
This new house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm dying to know where it is...if all the houses in the neighborhood are so charming I want to be your new neighbor, hehe :) So happy for you!!!
shut up!! lauren, that is one of my FAVORITE houses! i love it! and just saw it was for sale...super jealous! so excited for you!
Congrats to you and Cameron! Love that house (and the fact my step-mom has the listing) :-) Although I LOVE Greenbrier, the Antigua house didn't have a fireplace in the living room! It did have great curb appeal but where would you hang your stockings at Christmas!?! I think you've made an excellent choice! Your new home is so charming! So happy for you two!
Congrats- the house is so gorgeous! Full of charm, and I am in love with that front porch.
Best Wishes!
It's not cheesy at all. What's meant to be is meant to be!
I just saw this listing last week as well. I fell in love with the charm and the landscaping is impeccable! You'll be right in the heart of the city here.
Good luck with everything.
congratulations! the house is gorgeous and the ground are stunning! I am jealous and I live in Charleston.....
Post a Comment