Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Sister, the Artist.

Today is my sister's birthday--love you Ang! 

My sister is amazing. Growing up, she's always been a wonderful artist.  Exhibit A: this Kenny Chesney drawing (circa 2000) that she got him to sign (before he was as famous).


Now, she runs her own transcription business and is a single mother to two beautiful (yet very active) boys.  Recently, she has begun dabbling back into art.  

She just sent me a few paintings she did for C and me.  I am so thrilled with how they turned out, and I can't wait to see them in person!

I love how she incorporated C and me in the bottom left of the crowd.
I asked her to do an more abstract horse painting similar to the 132nd Kentucky Oaks poster, and I absolutely love her rendition.  It will go PERFECTLY in our eat-in kitchen (which is Kentucky/horse themed).

Some of my other favorites of her recent art includes this painting, inspired by the movie, For Lovers Only: 

And this picture from the Castle's Pennybaker Club/Blue Butterfly:

She also does incredible sketches:
Hodgins and Angela from Bones
Actors from For Lovers Only
Clearly, she's very talented--and the saddest part is that most of the time she doesn't recognize how great her art is.  

After much pushing from the family, she is beginning to sell her art and/or do commissioned pieces on her website, http://icraveilove.deviantart.com/.  I'm so proud of her! Definitely check it out if you are looking for something unique to hang on your walls.  

I am so excited to have such special and incredible pieces of art in our house.  For C and I, our artwork is all very significant/meaningful, but Ang's pieces will be the most special to me. 

I love you sis! Happy birthday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

>:P for making me all weepy and stuff. Thank you, XO Ang

Danielle said...

Amazing! She truly has a wonderful talent. That last sketch is fantastic - looks SO real!

KC said...

wow, her work is amazing!

Kerr said...

She is so talented! I love the horse and ripped paintings!

Kerr said...

-rupp painting

Anonymous said...

what amazing drawings/paintings. She should have them artist approved. My aunt has had several paintings picked up and sold here in Kentucky.

I would love for her to draw a picture of Scotty & I.

Hodgins and Angela from Bones is my favorite t.v. couple.

She should talk to Wildcat Warehouse or Wildcat Lodge to make prints and sale them in the stores. People will buy anything that has UK on it.

Post a Comment