Friday, September 10, 2010

See What's Hanging...

...on our walls now! 

We got our kitchen painting in and hung and recently bought a painting for our dining room at the Woodland Art Fair. I LOVE them both.  Cam and I tend to have more traditional furniture with more modern accents (such as our art). 


The kitchen painting is amazing. It is 60" x 48" and is a custom oil of a koi pond by a local artist (and friend).  We adore it! It really finishes our kitchen.

And some detail shots:
Anyone else see pacman eating a fish in this one? We get the biggest kick seeing other things in art...


Our dining room (the room in which we got engaged) is the only bit of color left downstairs (everything else the same neutral color, Ponytail).  We wanted something fun and vibrant for the room, so when we saw the works by this artist at the Woodland Art Fair, we fell in love.  We ended up purchasing this yellow  48" x 24" piece because we thought it would flow with the red walls and accent the yellow cushions on our dining room chairs. 

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

How pretty! I love modern/abstract art :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kerr said...

those paintings are great and so unique! I am in desperate need of art for my walls.

Danielle said...

I love both of these but especially the first one! Wes and I have decided we need some grown up artwork but haven't really found any we like. Does the first person have his work anywhere around town?

Mrs. Bill said...

I like both of those pieces! Very unique!

Post a Comment