I've been meaning to answer these questions I wrote--so I'll add two and count it as my ten on Tuesday. Feel free to take these questions and play along!
1. What DIY project are you most proud of? Share pictures.
I didn't do our kitchen remodel physically DIY, but I did all the design for it myself, and I'm pretty proud of that.
I needlepoint, and I'm super proud of my christmas stocking and C's belts.
Examples of needlepoint belts for men.
My needlepoint christmas stocking
I also made last year's halloween costume completely from scratch (and it was my first time using a sewing machine, so that was a big step).
2. What are you most afraid of?
I am deathly afraid of snakes. I also don't like bridges or spiders.
3. Why do you blog?
I blog as a way to let family and friends know what we are up to, but I find that if I write out my thoughts and activities, it makes me look at myself from a different perspective.
4. What color lipstick do you wear?
I don't wear a lot of lipstick, but I generally wear a browny pink when I do. I would love lipstick color suggestions!
5. What's your favorite go-to recipe?
I always make caprese salad if I need something easy and quick. And by easy, i mean super easy: arrange fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and basil leaves as you wish. Sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic, and garnish with olives and cracked pepper. Fresh and delicious.
C and I love to go wine tasting with friends. Local wineries have such charm and it is generally cheap for a tasting and it lends itself to conversation. Most also have good appetizers to snack on.
I think this all depends on a lot. In a perfect world, I want three and C wants two, so in a ideal world I'd have two and an accident. :) Honestly, I'd be happy with just having healthy babies, regardless of gender. C and I aren't sure if we can have kids because I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts, so we are just keeping our fingers crossed. Either way, kids are very important to us so we would happily adopt if need be.
We haven't really talked out names, but I love the names Anne and Jacquelyn for a girl. C wants a boy to have his initials. If I had my way, it would be Liam or Lynch (Lynch is a family last name). I also like the names Camden, Carter, and Clayton, Landry, and Levi. If we decide to venture out, I adore the name Gabriel, but C isn't as keen on it.
8. What is your favorite fashion trend/look for the fall?
I love the tights and boots, and I think its because they allow you to wear dresses all year long.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Recently its been when a song has a great beat but awful or stupid lyrics. I'm big on singing along, so bad lyrics tends to ruin it for me. Most recently, the Eminem song has been bothering me--I love the beat, but I'm not into the girlfriend burning. Another one is Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" because nothing in the song is actually ironic. They are just really sucky things that happen, but it isn't irony.
10. What's a picture that is cracking you up?
Because I can't come up with another question, here's something just to make you laugh....a glorious "real" rat tail:











9 comments:
Oh girl that last picture is halarious but gross...haha
Your awesome at needlepoint! The stocked and belt is amazing!!!
You are so talented with all the needpoint you've done! I love it!
Tights and boots are definitely my favorite fall trend :)
That rattail picture is hilarious!
Goodness, those needlepoint belts are AMAZING. I'm impressed. Tights and boots are definately a favorite for me too!! And this is to give you hope, my sister has endimitriosis and has had ovary cyst and she is pregnant with number one right now. feel free to email me if you like. Rat tail is gross but funny!!! And wine tastings are the way to go deff!!! I'm trying to get hooked on red wine right now finding one i like! :) great post, have a great tuesday!!
I felt like I was reading something my husband wrote when you were talking about Alanis Morissette's song. He is constantly correcting people (not to their faces but to me instead) about using the word "irony" in the wrong context. I've completely deleted it from my vocabulary now because I'm afraid I'll use it incorrectly and he'll correct me. You lawyers!
Ew that last picture makes me want to throw up, hahaha! Ya'll's Halloween costumes were too cute though!
I love the name Gabriel! I'm still trying to convince my fiance that that would be a great name for a baby boy someday. Unfortunately I'm not having much luck!
oh boy! that rat tail is hilarious!!
wow you are so good at needlepoint! love the kitchen too. :)
gorgeous blog.
xx.
Hey sis--That is too funny, because one of my girl names is Anna Jacqueline. I was thinking of AJ on this one, you? (Race ya to the name, haha) Lorelai and Jessalyn are some of my other favorites.
Nice needlework--I'm horrible at that kind of stuff.
Post a Comment