Friday, November 12, 2010

First Gray Hair...

Last night, I noticed the first grays...
  ...on Ritz, our dog. 

It is so weird to think our pup is getting old enough to have grays, especially as she still acts so puppy-like. She is only turning 4 this year, and I absolutely can't believe that is old enough for grays. I suggested getting her "Just for Men," while Cam just stared at me.  Clearly I was joking (for the most part).  
After I found it, I consoled her and told her told her it would be okay, but I was clearly more upset with this discovery than she was--she was just happy to be cuddled.  It made me feel old to think our sweet dog (that Cam and I bought together) is already turning gray.

I just can't imagine what I'll do when I find the first gray on my own head...

5 comments:

Suze said...

Bless her heart, poor dog. I remembered when one of my dogs got first greys and then it just multiplied but never went too gray on the body just the head and facial part! It was so sad! I know when i start going grey im coloring my hair like my moma does ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw :) My sister's dog is solid black, and what started as a few gray hairs, is now a full blown silver beard- I think it's adorable, but sad at the same time!

bride4life said...

Maybe his mama is stressing him out? jk lol

Elisa said...

awww..I can't imagine dogs with gray hairs.

Cassandra said...

AW, my puppy is 15 weeks old. I cant imagine the day when she gets a gray! It will be as sad as when I get one! I think that girls are more sensitive about gray than guys are!

I passed a blog award onto you! Check out my post today! :)

Post a Comment