Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-Brian Tracy
In everything give thanks.
-I Thessalonians 5:18
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say, "thank you?"
-William A. Ward

Okay guys, I'll admit, this week's thanks are a tad bit rushed (aka, I don't have time to find cute graphics).  I am still finishing up outlines I have to memorize before my tests--which begin NEXT WEEK. I know, I know, law school is the excuse of my life.

1. Last Week of Classes for the Semester. This is terrifying and yet relieving all at the same time. I'll be thankful for it as long as I can kick my butt into gear to start studying. 

2. Doctors. Cam is sick, and I am very thankful the doctor was able to see him immediately and get him started on medicine so he can start feeling better. 

3. Giveaways. I just found out I won $250 at a law school giveaway.  YAY! 

4. Pre-Made Meals. Cam's mom made me a bulk supply of vegetarian chili and I am making twice baked potatoes to freeze for the week. I love having delicious meals on hand that I can just heat up or bake. 


5. Chocolate Covered Raisins.  We bought the bulk-sized thing of them, and they are already halfway gone.  Delicious and you don't feel too bad because they're raisins, right?


6. Supplements. Seriously, I don't know how I would get through some classes without having a professional book summarizing the law for me. 

7. UK Basketball. I know, we lost the invitational. But seriously, if we are going to lose, I'd rather it be earlier in the season so that won't get too cocky and that they can learn from their mistakes. I'm thankful that they lost now, so hopefully they will remain humble enough to get better. 

8. Facebook.  It can be the source of serious procrastination and stalking, but as more of my family joins, I'm finding myself feeling more connected with the family that is further away through their pictures and status updates.  


9. A Beautiful Fall. It has been a gorgeous fall with wonderful weather. In Kentucky, it can go from 70 degrees to snow in October and sometimes I feel like I don't have much of real fall. But, this season we have had many days in the 50-60s and just this week it became cold around here, and I am thankful for the great weather we have had. 

10. Nerves--or lack of.  I usually am a complete hot-mess around finals. I have had panic attacks, no appetite, and general stress.  This semester (knock on wood), I have been so lucky that this anxiety hasn't hit (yet). Praise you God for not putting me through those awful emotions!

What are you all thankful for today?

2 comments:

JMB said...

Did you say choc. covered raisens? That is my chocolate crack! MY favorites! ESP if they're Harry & Davids! Glad you are still remaining calm! You can do it! AND that was really sweet of Camerons mom to help you out with thee cooking so you can focus on studying!
You can do it!

Mrs. Bill said...

I agree about UK basketball! It's better they lose now and get it out of their system and not become too cocky. That's how you lose the easy games.

Post a Comment