Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 1 down, 2 to go

Took my first final this morning.  I felt good about it walking out, but then when I started comparing notes with others I felt a little worse.  Ugh, sometimes I should just go straight home and keep having a great day instead of lingering. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. My next final isn't until next week (they are really spaced out this semester, thank goodness), so I am taking the afternoon off, catching up on Dexter, and filling out Christmas cards.


Cam has his big presentation (in lieu of his final) for one of his MBA classes tonight, so keep your fingers crossed for him!

Here's a quick ten on Tuesday: 


Ten Things to Accomplish over Christmas Break. 

1) Spend one day with Cam without any computers, cell phones, or TV.  This sounds like my idea of heaven right now. Even better if it involves the beach.


2) Bake Christmas cookies.  Definitely must use my family recipes: flour cookies with icing and chocolate drop cookies.  I'm absolutely ready to bake again: it may even turn into chocolate pies by the end of it...


3) Draft my independent study paper.  This not only would make my semester easier in the spring, but there is a competition for these papers, so if I can turn it in by mid January, I'd be entered to win money--not that I'll win, but it is good motivation. 

4) Catch up in reading.  In my idea that heaven, I'm holding a good book.  I'm so ready to be curled up with something not law related. A few books on my list (for book club):

5) Paint. I'm planning on painting the under the chair rail in the dining room and the shelves and trim in the living room.  And I am excited beyond words for this because I've been wanting to do this for a while! 
 Hopefully not like this...


6) Shop! Need I even explain this one? We are going to the outlets and I am ready. 


7) Sleep. Finals are exhausting, and I'm ready to sleep in. 

8) Watch some good UK basketball. There's always tomorrow's game, right? Here's to hoping they learn from these losses (so there aren't any more). 

9) Catch up with the girls.  I'm ready (with a good bottle of wine in hand) for my out of town girlfriends to be home visiting family over the break. 
 Some of us piled into a wedding photobooth recently. 

 Some of us at prom our senior year. It's sad that I look the exact same.  And yes, Kristin and I are holding hands. That's clearly what BFFs on prom do...


10) Christmas! This is definitely a last but not least. I'm ready to get into the holiday spirit, dance around to Christmas songs, drive around and look at lights, and eat tons of good food.  Yum! But, i am sad I'm missing out on the family girl's trip to NYC (yet another reason I'm bitter towards finals...)





6 comments:

Jamie said...

Great list! I can't wait to catch up on my sleep either :) Good luck on your next final!

Unknown said...

Lovely list! Pretty much the same on mine!

Anonymous said...

I've had The Help on my shelf of books to read for awhile. I'm hoping to get to it over Christmas too!

simply shea said...

I love Dexter too! I just started watching... I'm now 1/2 way through season 3. I'm hooked!

Elisa said...

You take me back when I was in College. I know the dreaded feeling when you start comparing notes with other students and you begin to doubt yourself. Not fun. but I'm sure you prepared and studied long long hours. Good luck on the rest of your exams.

I love your list!! oh my those boys with the paint, I would scream! LOL

I fly out to the States a week from today!!! so excited to see my nephews, make snowmen, shopping, listening to christmas songs...

Jill said...

Excellent list! First, GOOD LUCK on the remaining exams :) I'm sure you will do well! Good luck with your IS paper. I took an IS class...and never completed it :X Oops. Hope you're able to enjoy the game tomorrow!

Post a Comment