Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-Brian Tracy
In everything give thanks.
-I Thessalonians 5:18
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say, "thank you?"
-William A. Ward
 
 1. South America.  The wonderful trip Cam and I officially booked yesterday is to Buenos Aires, Argentina, Santiago, Chile, and the Chilean wine country. I couldn't be more excited for such a wonderful trip and thankful for the opportunity to cross another trip off our bucket list and see an amazing part of the world.  Anyone been and have any trip advice of what to see/where to stay?

2. Grades. All my grades are officially in and this past semester was my best semester of law school yet--I couldn't be more thankful for the wonderful outcome and that I did not stress or panic during exams too badly.  I prayed more this past semester than I ever had before and truly tried to trust in God to  help keep me stress-free during finals.  I firmly believe this had a huge impact on my grades and am singing His praise today.

 3. Snow. I know some (okay  all) people are sick of it, but Cam and I have weekend plans to go snowboarding so we are excited to have some fresh powder in which to play.  It is something we have never done together, so I'm pumped.  I also don't snowboard (but I love to ski) so I'm excited to try something new.
4. K-Love. I cannot stand morning talk radio, so I've recently been listening to K-Love in the mornings. I am so thankful for such a positive (and commercial free) way to start out each day. 

5. Birthdays.  I had a great, relaxing birthday and I'd like to especially thank Cam for that--he went above and beyond to be extra sweet to me all day.

6. Decent passport photo. I know this is ridiculous of me, but my previous passport picture was awful. I'm talking soaking wet from a torrential downpour of rain so that some hairs stuck to my face and is the rest is slicked back, no make up to be seen, head tilted back so I have a 3 foot wide chin, awkward 16 year old with braces badSo bad that my own mother looked at it and said, "You will regret this for the next ten years. You realize your future husband will see this most likely." So bad that I had to bring it in for the first day of legal work and the partner just looked at it, started cracking up, and said I won worst ID photo ever. This is my first international trip since I've changed my name last year, so I get to get a new passport finally.  And, while the picture definitely won't be competing for a modeling glamour shot, it's not terrible--which is a vast improvement from before.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful things to be thankful for.

Danielle said...

Wow! What an amazing trip! I can't wait to see pictures so I can live vicariously through you.

Way to go on the grades!

Christine said...

I just got a new passport the other day! I was SO excited to change the picture! I know exactly how you feel.. Too bad it cost me $140 grrr!

Elisa said...

Lot of things and people to be thankful for! How exciting! Can I say I'm a tad bit jealous? Traveling to South America is also on my bucket list. But you deserve it, I'm happy for you. Way to go on the grades!

Suze said...

girl congrats on grades and oh my word that trip is going to be fab. lucky duck , enjoy you deserve it :)

Mrs. Bill said...

Congratulations on the good grades! I've never thought of traveling to South America, but the pictures from yesterday look gorgeous! I can't want to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

You should show us the old passport photo, hahaha!

Congrats on a great semester!

Post a Comment