Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

1. Tuesday and Wednesday are over.  Between class, a dentist appointment, finishing my law journal articles, preparing an opening speech, going to a prison interview for our Innocence Project case, and interviewing and selecting a new editorial board for journal, my Tuesday was a 16 hour day and my Wednesday was non-stop 19.5 (yes, nineteen and a half) hour day--in heels. Needless to say, my feet and I are exhausted and ready for a long cat nap. It is clearly a sweats-and-hat kind of day. That said, though...

 2. We have an new editorial board.  Frankly, journal often consumes my life, so I'm very excited to be near the end of that road.  Once we train the new board and finish our final edits, I'll be free! Plus, I think they will do a great job together--we'll be leaving the journal in good hands.

3. Making headway in Innocence Project. We have done a ton of witness interviewing and feel as though our case is still progressing.  Plus, we finally got our client interview approved, so hopefully that will be a very insightful meeting. 

4. About a month...until we are in South America! I CANNOT wait. 

 5. No Cavities. I loathe going to the dentist. I loathe everything about the dentist when I'm there; the awkwardness of people in my mouth, the sound of teeth cleaning, the taste of the fluoride--everything. So, I am super thankful for no cavities because I definitely don't wanna go back anytime soon. 

What are ya'll thankful for?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats on wrapping up KLJ. My husband was on that too and I remember him being quite glad when the new officers (or whatever they're called) were put in place.

Your Innocence Project sounds like a great project. You're helping others while learning the real world yourself. Was that like an elective or part of a class?

Courtney said...

Is it weird that I like going to the dentist? HAHA! :o)

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Sounds like you need a martini and a manicure!!!

Post a Comment