Monday, March 7, 2011

Lazy Weekend and Giveaway Winner

Hope ya'll had a good weekend! I worked on school stuff all weekend and still didn't get as much done as I wanted. Oyi. 

I also looked up some genealogy when insomnia set in and I couldn't sleep. My mom's family in Maryland is fascinating, and I learned all sorts of cool stuff--including that most of the genealogy has been traced back to 1078 and that several of my ancestors were the original founders of Maryland, one was an early Governor, another was George Washington's stepmother, and we raced horses in the first few Kentucky Derbys (I even had a great-great-uncle named Derby).  Clearly, I'm a big nerd, but I love history.  
We also went and looked at homes to start thinking about backups in case the one we like sells before we can sell our home.  It is frustrating to have a house on the market.  I know, I'm whining and it's only been a month, but I like to be in control and make things happen, and I think our house is great and one people would want to buy.  In reality, there is nothing you can do about the situation and you just have to sit there until the right buyers come along.  Okay, enough whining. We found some interesting backups and are still going to see a few more. It makes me more at ease to think we don't have to rush as much to sell--there will be other amazing homes I'm sure. 

As the promised Monday-pick-me up, here is the winner of the CSN giveaway: 
The 12 comment is from Krissy at Dainty Chef. CONGRATS GIRL :) Be sure to email me at bluegrasslove @ gmail [dot] com so I can email you the promo code. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend and here's to a wonderful Monday! 


2 comments:

JMB said...

Hello lovah! It has been daaaayyys since I last spoke to you! Did we break up 59 days until you graduate yay!! Patience on the house child patience...maybe I will buy it - I am back to searching for homes in Lexington....I am sure this is all quite confusing for you hehe.

Calipari is selling his house too - at least I heard that anyway!!

Jamie said...

My dad is really into genealogy too! It's so neat to trace back family history!

Post a Comment