Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Feel This Small...

I hate being belittled, especially when I'm trying to give someone my money. 

I called to make hotel reservations for a friend's wedding and was extremely unimpressed by the service at this fancy-schmancy resort.  The receptionist literally, audibly huffed when I asked to make a reservation and made me repeat everything I said twice because she "couldn't understand me."  I'm sorry, I do not have an accent--I'm from freakin' Maryland.  I am educated and I enunciate my words, thank you very much.  She then refused to give me the price the bride quoted, saying "I'm sorry but I don't give that price at my resort."  She ended up not even taking my reservation.  

Their service had better be amazing or I'll be complaining to high heaven because their receptionist is snooty.

There is nothing that makes me more mad when a business has poor customer service.  Maybe it's just me, but I would rather pay a few extra dollars to have someone be pleasant and treat me with respect. 

5 comments:

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

I agree, there is nothing worse! I usually end up just getting more mad as time goes on because I start thinking about all the ways I should have handled it. Don't let her ruin your fun!

Danielle said...

Amen! If I ever have my own business, good customer service will be at the top of my priority list. I've always looked younger than I really am and have been treated like a child most of my life. I remember going into stores and not even being acknowledged because they didn't think I had any money. I hated that feeling! I hope the resort is worth your hassle.

SKBPINKGREEN said...

I HATE poor customer service. HATE IT. I am in the hotel business and I can't stand rude people or bad service. Unacceptable. I can't believe she said we don't have those kind of rates here. Snooty beatch. Call back and ask for her manager and make sure you got the wedding block rate!!!

Lauren said...

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! And let me just clarify--the price i asked for was only $30 a night off the price the receptionist quoted to me; it wasn't like i was lowballing the crap out of them.

JMB said...

1. You are by NO MEANS cheap! Uhmmm you and the husby travel ALLL over the world- AND to be as YOUNG AS YOU are...thank you verrry VERRY MUCH AMERICA.

2. I can vouch for all of Blogger nation and vouch that you do not have a twangy KY accent by annnny means!! GIRLFRIEND- needs to get a clue and understand that there are different dialects-- you should have asked her to repeat HERself....you can't understand BITCHY!

3. I love you THISSSSSS MUCH. I realize you can't see me but I am hugging LOTS OF AIR here.

Post a Comment