I feel like literally everyone is on Pinterest--including even my technologically not-so-savvy mother (with whom I spent about a half an hour on the phone this week explaining Facebook and the concept of a wall, but that's a whole different story).
But, I realized that as much time as we all spend "pinning," very seldom do we "do" any of it. So, my personal challenge is to try 30 Pinterest ideas this month. I'll try to be diligent and share my attempts--the good, bad and ugly.
Lately, I've been feeling like our house is a bit stale, and with all this rain, it's too humid to open up the doors and windows.
With that in mind, here is:Pin #1: The "Williams Sonoma" Scent
Directions:
The pin says to simmer a pot filled with 2/3 of water, fresh rosemary sprigs, lemon slices and a teaspoon of vanilla. Let it simmer all day, adding water when needed.
My Twist:
I didn't have fresh lemons, so i substituted lemon juice. I also added cinnamon, because who doesn't like cinnamon?
Verdict:
It smelled great, but the rosemary is strong. I added a little more vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon as the hours went on to balance it out. We also have a more open downstairs floor plan, so I don't think the scent was too overwhelming. In a smaller space, I'd only let it simmer for a couple hours.
I also don't know if it is the Williams Sonoma smell (I always thought it had some clove in it), but it is a fresh, clean deodorizer. I definitely will redo this one.



2 comments:
I am one that really needs to start trying pins I've pinned... thanks for the inspiration to do so!
Oh, I'm right there with you on never utilizing my pins! I actually went on a bit of a protest for a while because I was feeling overwhelmed with all the projects I was pinning and the need to do them ALL!
By the way, what the heck is going on with your neighbors house? I thought they just did that reno/addition about 10 years ago. I knew you'd know the scoop (:
Post a Comment