Tomorrow is our one year anniversary, so I thought today's flashback Friday would be fun to do about our wedding.
After being engaged for a year and a half and having spent hundreds of hours planning and dreaming about this day, I woke up on Friday, June 5th at the Seelbach in Louisville, surrounded by my closest friends and with a stomach full of butterflies...
...to a dozen roses and this sweet note from my husband-to-be.

We girls threw on our matching robes that I had monogrammed (theirs were pink, mine was white), poured some coffee and mimosas, and sat around and talked while everyone got their hair and make up done.
Meanwhile, the boys had stayed together at the Brown and got up and went to Lynn's Paradise Cafe for breakfast.
Because our wedding ceremony didn't begin until 7, we decided to see each other and take pictures before. I was very torn about this decision, and wanted that moment of seeing each other to be special. Cam reminded me that seeing in a white dress would be a different feeling for him than seeing me walking down an aisle to be his wife, so I finally agreed that pictures before would be best. Honestly, that day I was so thankful to see him before. My nerves were high and I was ready for a hug.
So, around two, after all the primping and pampering of the morning, it was finally time to see Cam.
The only thing that really went slightly wrong was lunch. We had called ahead days before to have the Seelbach's room service bring lunch up around 11, and even after several reminder calls inquiring into the status of our food (I even went down and harshly spoke to a so-called "manager" in my wedding dress), it was 2:00, we had no food in hand, and we were absolutely starving. Needless to say, I was not impressed by the Seelbach's service.
Because we had such a large wedding party, we rented a party bus to drive everyone around while we took pictures (plus it was nice to have able to sit in the air conditioning between pictures, have access to a restroom, and everyone was appreciative of the cooler of beer, waters and ale-8s we had packed and left on the bus). So, we took the party bus by Jimmy John's and had sandwiches for lunch. Not quite as glamorous as the Seelbach's, but by 2:00, it was damn tasty (and I took one of the girl's robes to throw over me to keep me from getting mustard or sauce on my dress to prevent any real disaster).
We then got out, walked through downtown and took pictures at the 21C's museum...

...and had a toast to the day at Proof on Main. It ended up being a beautiful 70 degree June day--we couldn't have asked for anything better.
We then made our way across to the river to get some skyline shots.
Finally, the bus took us back to the Church, for a few traditional family pictures before the guests started to arrive.The church didn't want us to do the dedication to Mary during the ceremony because they felt it portrayed the view that we worshipped her. But, it was important to me, so we did it before the guests arrived.
Soon, the guests filed in and it was finally time. After everyone walked down the aisle...
...it was my dad and I's turn.
After a full Catholic ceremony that honestly flew by...
...Cam and I were finally husband and wife.
It was time to go celebrate! We had our reception immediately after at the Palace Theatre. How fun was the Marquee--( note: I blurred our last name out, there's nothing wrong with the picture).

We waited upstairs while everyone filed in.

We were introduced by the Churchill Downs Bugler doing the Call to the Post and My Old Kentucky Home.
And after months of dance lessons together (which were so fun and I would recommend to everyone), we had our first dance to Moondance by Van Morrison.
We had heavy appetizers and hors d'oeuvres set up for everyone to eat (I adore the face Cam's boss was making in this picture--total kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar).
It was then time to cut the cake.
Soon, everyone danced the night away.
While I managed to take out the bar light when I threw my bouquet...
The boys enjoyed cigars the marquee lights.

We had a color-themed candy bar as favors so people could fill up goodie bags for the trip home.





























12 comments:
Happy anniversary!!!
Your pictures are absolutely drop dead gorgeous. What a lovely wedding!!
Your wedding seems so dreamy and I never tire of hearing about it (here...Tops in Lex..etc) :) Did you have the help of a planner?
Gorgeous, Lauren, just simply beautiful! That was some kiss you all had after you were introduced as husband and wife! :) Every last detail was perfect. I don't know that I've ever been to a wedding reception at The Palace but what an incredible venue!
Happy anniversary, I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating this weekend!
Amazing details about your wedding! The first picture where your standing at the top of the stairs and he is sitting at the bottom on the couch looking up at you - gave me goose bumps! Jimmy Johns!! LOVE!! hahaha
And I also love the picture where your throwing your bouquet and you hit the light and you totally have a look like "oops!" written on your face! Looks like something I would do!! I also loved the pampering and the robes for the bridal party! Very sweet idea!!
It all looked so beautiful!
What a beautiful wedding! Happy early anniversary :)
Jimmy John's just added to the day :)
Take that awful pic of my legs down, please! :P
Everything looks so amazing! I love that you walked into your reception to the call to the post. Fantastic touch!
That post just gave me the chills..... I love your dress.. you look gorgeous!!! xxxooo
Wow! I don't think you left out a single detail. I hope you enjoyed planning your wedding as much as I did.
Congrats on your first year - they say that's the hardest but I disagree.
Lauren you were beautiful! What a lovely, perfect wedding. So precious. I was just recently at 21C, it is so neat! Have a great anniversary!
The church is breath taking. Wow.
Post a Comment