Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wedding Wednesday, One Day Late: Ceci and Joe

Cam and I went to our good friend's wedding in Milwaukee this past weekend.  What a fun town and a beautiful wedding! I am so happy for them--they are some of our dearest friends and make a wonderful couple.

We all stayed at this fun Irish pub and inn downtown and drove around some so we got to see more of the city. I was so impressed with the amount of green space, the beauty of the Lake, and the more Alpine architecture  I just don't think I would want to go during winter... 


My bloody mary came with a beer chaser. I was so confused at first, but I would never question getting free beer.

Cam and the groom at the rehearsal dinner.

 
Kentuckians at the rehearsal.

 
Kentucky girls at the Irish pub after the rehearsal (super flattering picture, I know. Lets ignore that...)

Ceci getting her hair done.

The bride, Ceci.

Ceci's shoes matched her dress perfectly. She even ordered a six pence from Australia (her family is Australian) to go in her shoe and wore her grandmother's jewelry.

The dress. I was with her when we found it and it was absolutely perfect for her with that vintage look.

Centerpieces being transported.

Seriously the calmest bride ever.  This was minutes before walking down the aisle and she was just sitting around, relaxing and smiling.

Gorgeous Catholic wedding in the church where her parents got married.

The wedding party.  She let us girls pick out our own black, knee length dress.  I loved that everyone's dress was slightly different.

Us with Ceci.

Joe and Ceci--just married!

Cam and I. Pale, cheek smashing pictures are so flattering, right?

Joe and Ceci's first dance. I couldn't get a good picture of the reception hall, but it was a gorgeous old ballroom in a country club where her grandparents had their reception.  Loved it!

Everyone kept the dance floor packed....

 

...But this little kid was my favorite of the night. He's 4, and his name is Oscar. Don't you just love him?!
Okay, not part of the wedding..but the weirdest things ever that you pass on the drive there and back. Giant wind mill farms.  These things are surreal--huge, metal windmills slowly turning. It looked like a creepy futuristic movie with hundreds of them out in a field.


4 comments:

JMB said...

1. LOVE the Kentuckian pictures! haha
2. Her dress was AMAZINNNNG!!
3. I loved your dress too for the wedding.
4. How is the kitchen renovation coming along!
5. Have a great Thursday!

Jamie said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! I loved her dress and yours...so pretty!

sara said...

What a beautiful wedding - looks like you all had a good time! Love the dress you picked out and your updo!

LisaC said...

Lauren, loved your dress? Who makes it?
I have a wedding to attend soon! :D

Post a Comment