Isn't it funny how you never notice the little things until you have to actually purchase them and realize how much they cost. Suddenly, I spend a ton of time agonizing over details I had never noticed in my life before (and probably would continue to ignore if I weren't paying for them). I did this with things with the wedding (hello chairs, linens, etc), things on my car (all weather mats, bungee storage bin for to keep the trunk organized, etc), and things around the house (brass door knobs, light switch covers). And, of course, I am doing it with the kitchen remodel. We finally ordered the sink last night. I always thought all sinks were made equal, but boy, was I wrong.
The sink we ultimately went with: The Elkay Harmony Lustertone Undermount Deep Double Bowl Sink.
Oh yes, not all sinks are equal. We first decided we preferred the look of a stainless steel undermount sink. We then thought about what we wanted from a sink. We almost never use the left bowl in our sink, so we decided still wanted a two bowl sink for rinsing and cleaning but wanted a smaller left bowl so we can maximize our usable space to clean large pans and trays.
We shopped around and eventually found this one. It not only met our basic requirements, but it has so much more. It has a sound deadening undercoating to minimize noise. It not only has an extra large right sink, but the smaller sink is shallow to make rinsing easier. Plus, it comes with accessories, such as a custom fitted cutting board and rinsing baskets. What girl doesn't love to accessorize everything (including the kitchen sink)?
And isn't funnier how you can fall in love with details you never before knew existed and suddenly find yourself wondering how in the world you will live without them? Well, for better or for worse, the sink is being shipped to our house. Hopefully it lives up to my dream.
Here are ten other kitchen sinks I thought were interesting and hadn't seen before:
- Elkay Trough Sink.
- Elkay Mystic Martini Entertainment Sink.
Also shaped for those who can't get enough Texas in their life:
- Elkay Avado Island Sink
- Kohler Iron Tones Kitchen Prep Sink
- Kohler The Gathering in Alcott Tile Sink with Apron Front
and a close up of the design for the inner rooster lover in us all...
- Custom Copper Sink with Apron Front
- Oceana Glass Kitchen Sink
- Elkay Mystic River Sink
- Custom Marble Sink with Apron Front
- Aquarium Fish Sink (okay, so its a bathroom sink, but it's so weird I couldn't help myself)














8 comments:
Great sink! I have my heart set on a "farmhouse" sink and I don't even want to start looking at the prices. I can't wait to see this makeover! xoxo
Ya know, if this law thing doesn't work out, you should really look into interior design! You always find the coolest things! :)
Fantastic sink choice - beautiful, practical, and it comes with accessories! :) That custom marble sink with the apron front is TO.DIE.FOR.
I really like all the different kinds of sinks! Who know that they come in so many different shapes and designs!? I sure didn't. My favorite is the Elkhay Avado Island sink....
wow. who knew there were so many sink options?! I guess you do now!
that sink will be so functional! I can't wait to see your finished kitchen! I love me an apron sink, but that island sink it super cool! :) It makes me wish we owned our house so we could remodel too! :) Miss you!
I think you went with the best and most practical choice. That first sink is very interesting but would definitely serve a limited purpose. I love the idea of the accessories for your sink too.
WOW, I would have a hard time choosing..I like them all.
Post a Comment