Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm Just Saying...

Once you get away with murder once, you don't press your luck a second time, right? Or am I just the crazy person that isn't a risk taker?  Hmm....this sort of filth is the reason I won't do criminal law. 

Can you imagine defending this sort of person and having to look the victims' families in the eye? The concept sends awful chills up my spine.  Civil litigation just sounds so much better (and leaves me capable of sleeping at night). I've spent the morning in court listening to opening statements on an interesting medical malpractice case--that's much more my cup of tea.

7 comments:

Dollface said...

This story is crazy. How could they let him go the first time? What is wrong with people!!! ugghhhh... xxxoo

Jamie said...

I was so upset when I heard this yesterday! He's crazy!

Kerr said...

I saw this yesterday on the news, so crazy. He needs to be in jail. At least when OJ decided to break the law again it was just beating some guys up for stealing his stuff.

JMB said...

I saw this on the Today show as I was getting ready this morning, such crap! (there is a worse word for this I am sure but you get it)
Like you, this is the reason I love law and I am excited to graduate next spring with my paralegal degree but ALSO why I am scared to death of criminal law, ironically enough this is the last class I will take upon graduating next year! I cannot believe this guy! And NO I could not imagine representing one of Satan's spawns....the attorney that I am interning for this fall told me at my first meeting with her earlier this year that she had originally wanted to be a criminal attorney.....I know I gave her a blank stare...the whole time I was thinking NU-UH I would much rather do divorces and custody cases! haha (Which she now handles) I think what blows me away the most about this kid is I heard he is only 22? Is that correct? THE KIDS SICK!

Katie said...

I am a criminal defense attorney (and love it-- btw), but thank goodness that I don't represent guys like him. He seems like one of those guys who thinks he's richer than God so is above the law. People like that need to be taken down a peg.

ps-- Did anyone else notice that the Attorney General of Aruba's name is "Taco Stein"? That made my day.

sara said...

What a sadistic monster - I hope he gets locked up and the key is thrown away.

Lawrence Family said...

I am glad you aren't going to be one of those types of lawyers Lauren... !:)

Post a Comment