Wednesday, September 29, 2010

In Spirit of Working...

Cam and I purchased the furniture to turn our front formal living room into an office.  We love the pieces though and got them at a great price (gotta love the sales in a bad economy, right?)

I am so excited about this--the front room is the one room I feel is very thrown together and doesn't reflect our taste, and it's the first room you see when you walk in the door.  Plus, this means we can take the college desk set from our guest room and turn that back into a real bedroom.   I'm thrilled to have this set and know it will be furniture we keep forever.

Here is the catalog image of the collection we purchased: 
We don't really like the credenza in the collection, so we purchased two bookcases to put behind the desk instead as well as the desk and a leather executive chair.  We are taking a side table and chair we already have and putting them in the corner as a reading nook.  
desk with leather inlay
 one bookcase with spotlight

Our new desk and chair should be in sometime next month and the bookcases will come in probably in November or December.  We are finally getting the house into great shape. 

Now, if only I can get motivated to paint the trim and shelves in the living room...

2 comments:

JMB said...

Loving the office! That color of wood is really nice and formal. Thank you for the tip on the VersaSpa! I noticed that there are several different options to go ...I cannot make up my mind in a drive-thru to save my life so I appreciate that vedddy vedddy MUCH hahaha. Here's to hoping I do not look like an OOmpa Loompa Saturday....better yet Friday night at rehearsal....I am doing it Friday afternoon, everyone says this is probably not thee best idea, of course, I cannot hear them. :)

Anonymous said...

I have something for you over at my blog CLICK HERE

Post a Comment