Thursday, September 16, 2010

When is Enough Enough?

I don't know much more my family can take.  

After being sent to the best hospital and being seen by the best doctor, my family is beginning to understand and accept that my uncle is dying.   Johns Hopkins decided that the cancer has spread too much and the surgery cannot be performed, so they are going to release him on Monday.  Apparently, there is nothing left to do at this point besides making him comfortable and keeping him company.  My mom is still in Maryland to stay with everyone during this time.

As if that isn't enough to swallow in one day,  a man in the same hospital shot a doctor and killed his mother before killing himself.  My mom finally just called to let me know that she and everyone in my family who is at the hospital is okay.  

Rough day.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh gosh...I'm so sorry. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Lauren,
That is horrible! We are praying for you and your family.We had a rough day at work as well. We found out that one of our co-worker's baby who was born last week isn't going to survive. The baby has trisomy 18 and they had no idea. We were supposed to have a baby shower for her last week but the baby came instead so we sent the gifts to her house with a friend. They haven't even gotten to go through them and they more than likely aren't going to even bring baby home. We feel horrible for them!
What is with today?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that's a lot to go through, especially in one day! I'll be praying for your family!

Tree Hugging Attorney said...

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. Your uncle...your family...YOU are in my prayers. Hang in there.

Kerr said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. I can't imagine how hard today must have been for you. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Elisa said...

I'm so sorry Lauren. Your family is in my prayers. as well as the other family of the victims,,what a horrible thing.
as you know Beli's great-grandpa has been in the hospital after a 5 hour surgery, it's been a month of up and down emotions (one day he is doing good, the next he is worse.

I will be thinking of you.

Post a Comment