Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-Brian Tracy
 
In everything give thanks.
-I Thessalonians 5:18 

1. The Spring. Today we finished registering for the spring semester, and I will get all the classes I want/need to graduate. My schedule won't be fabulous (I have a few big breaks in my day), but at least I only have to take 13 hours! 

2. Christmas Shopping. I bought my first few Christmas gifts this year, and it got me ready for hot chocolate and generally in such a good, holiday mood. It make it even better that they did free wrapping--my presents look fabulous and I didn't have to do the work :) 


3. Slow-Cookers. I know it seems silly, but I'm trying to be better about cooking, and I think our slow-cooker is going to be key in this. I'm making mac and cheese for tonight and it smells so freakin' good. 


4. My Mac. My computer is back and fixed, without losing any of my data.  That is a big relief! 


5. Comments. I don't know why, but I just get warm and fuzzy when someone leaves a comment.  I think it reiterates to me that someone is actually reading this and found it somewhat interesting. 


What are you thankful for today?

12 comments:

Jamie said...

I need to start Christmas shopping! It'll be here before we know it :)

Sara Elizabeth said...

I registered for my spring classes last night & got the ones I needed as well!

simply shea said...

if your mac and cheese turns out good---post the recipe!

Suze said...

yay for getting the classes you needed for spring semester and graduation being close! i'm so ready for graduation!

slow cookers are the best, my mom loves hers! i think my sis got like 5 when she got married ha ha.

praise Jesus that your computer works, i know how much of a pain it is when it doesnt. I felt naked when mine was being worked on ha!

yay for holiday shopping, i so need to get on that soooon!! thx for the reminder!

i too love comments and they give me a happy fuzzy feeling ha ha :)

happy thursday , you have oodles to be thankful for thx for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My sisters. XOXO

Jill said...

mac and cheese sounds delicious! I love to make pot roast in my slow cooker. It is so yummy...but I always make too much and have a lot of leftovers that I end up throwing out. I need to do better about cooking, too.

Cassandra said...

Oh yes.. Free gift wrapping is a gift in itself to the gift giver!
I'm pretty sure slow cookers are the best way to cook! ;) tons of recipes online!
I'm glad your Mac is up and running! Our computer is on the fritz right now, I'm just counting my blessings each day it still works!
And amen sister on comments! I feel ya! There is totally something warm and fuzzy about it!

Christine said...

Love your Thankful Thursday post! I too can't wait to start using the slow cooker! Oh maybe I'll make chili this weekend! Thanks for the tip! :)

d.a.r. said...

Slow cooker mac and cheese? Do share!! And I am about half done with my Christmas shopping. It feels so good to not procrastinate!

Elisa said...

Wow, you already have some xmas gifts, that is great, (i really need to start thinking about that,, there are xmas decor everywhere here!).

PS. those photos are of Split, on the riviera (common place to go and sit and have coffee/tea with friends)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Suze said...

Seriously , go try out bonefish you will SOOO not be disappointed . Promise! I'm sure theres one in Kentucky! Has to be!

Anonymous said...

I've started Christmas shopping to and I'm excited!!!!

Post a Comment