Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Recap and Happy Birthday Mom!

I clearly win the award of most awesome weekend. I spent the entire weekend (and day today) writing my seminar paper (a requirement to graduate). 38 pages later, my first draft is done. Be jealous, I know.  

I took a quick break yesterday to have lunch and go shopping with my mom on her birthday.  She's such a great woman--I have been so blessed to have her as my mother. 


We went to church and Saul Good's for lunch.  We then made our bi-annual trip to the Talbot's Outlet.  If you are in Lexington and haven't been, you are missing out because they have fabulous prices for work-style clothes. 

Hope you all had a more interesting weekend than mine! Don't forget, the CSN giveaway ends in two days if you haven't already entered.

6 comments:

Suze said...

Girl you make me smile and laugh sometimes when i read your posts! yes you get the most awesome weekend award ! im proud of you for accomplishing 38 page first draf of seminar paper! you are one step ahead of me of all my stuff i need to accomplish so i can graduate! My adderall sometimes takes forever to kick in! lol Talbots is a great place to shop! they have one down here!! Oh and there is a bonefish up near you , def beg your hubs to take you out one night to there :) you wont be disappointed! hope you've had a good rest of your monday!

JMB said...

Lauren, honey I sat at home Friday night, Saturday night AND Sunday night with a doggy haha. I MIGHT have you beat! Iooono. I SHOULD have been spending the glamorous time writing my second/3 Reflection papers for my internship, however pjs and Say Yes To The Dress marathons seemed much more fun....lets not forget Saturday night Daisy and I watched - Children of the Corn....first and LAST time ever. Anyhoo -- I hope you have your paper D-O-N-E by this point in time if your blogging! haha ANNNND EVERYONE and their brother keeps talking about Saul Goods and how amazing it is! SOmeone from work just ate there the other day and said they have really good steaks...it is a place Mike and I want to try! Maybe next weekend when I head to LEX we will go! Annnd I have never been to the Talbots outlet hahaha I loove their clothing though! Is it in the Hamburg shopping center? I know they put the new Saul Goods out there in Ruby Tuesdays place.....anyhoooo LONGEST comment ever. WOW. Hope your having a fab-O Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's see...I rearranged my house and moved my office upstairs. Hoping it will help me concentrate on work with less distractions. I got another account so hopefully I won't be as broke anymore!! :) Then I watched, wait for it...The Secret of the Sword. Do you remember the He-Man/she-Ra movie we had on Beta? It was still fun to watch 25 yrs later. Seriously, it was the highlight of my weekend!

Congrats on the paper. I'm glad you got to go out with Mom. Give her a squeeze when you see her next. Need to call her :)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

happy birthday to your momma and congrats on getting your first draft done! I am sure you are sooo relieved!!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I love Saul Good's! I probably need to check out Talbots!

Jill said...

Woohoo for productivity! :) I have never been to the Talbots Outlet and I really want to go sometime. Maybe you can make my inaugural trip with me? :)

Post a Comment