Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baker's Dozen

Finals are over! Best part: I lived (here's to hoping I can say the same for my GPA). 

To celebrate and get myself into the holiday spirit, Cam's mom and I  listened to pandora's Christmas Rock station and made Christmas cookies yesterday.  And not just a few cookies; we spent over 9 hours making a variety of enough cookies to fill several tins and tupperwares.  It was really fun because my family is German and his mother's family is Russian so we had very different family recipes.  We made (all images thanks to Google--I was too messy to take any pictures yesterday):
 
Linzer Cookies (with raspberry filing)
Chocolate drops--be jealous sissy :)
We each made our family's versions of sugar cookies.  Mine are more  the style at a German bakery with a flour base and a very sweet icing to drizzle over the whole cookie, and his mom's are more of a traditional sugar cookie with decorative icing.
Gingerbread men
Russian Tea Cakes (they taste like Mexican wedding cakes with chopped roasted pecans and walnuts--delicious!)

I'm excited to finally have some time to catch up on everyone's life!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Yum! You've been a busy little baker. Those are all pretty involved as well. Way to go getting Cam to help!

Kerr said...

yummy those cookies look delicious. Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

Dammit I was only making sugar cookies tomorrow but I think I'll have to do the chocolate drops now too. Can you send me the recipe if you got it from AJ?

Rachel Skaggs said...

Yum! Sounds like you had a great time!! Congrats for finishing out the semester :)

Post a Comment