Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday Hodge Podge


Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-Brian Tracy
In everything give thanks.
-I Thessalonians 5:18
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say, "thank you?"
-William A. Ward

 1. Weather. I was a little nervous about class this morning, but I'd thankful I made it home safe and sound before this winter storm begins. 

2. Kindness of strangers.  I have begun interviewing witnesses regarding my Innocence Project case, and I was a little nervous that some of the witnesses would be hostile or uncooperative. Everyone I have spoken to has not only been kind, but has been so encouraging and willing to share their information. Fingers crossed it keeps going like this..

 3. Thursdays. I am thankful that this week is almost over--I have a relaxing girl's weekend planned, so I'm excited it's almost here. 

4. The Fabulous Hali B. My hairdresser is awesome, and I'm so thankful I'm going to see her this weekend to fix up this messy mop.  Is it pathetic I still drive to Louisville? Yes, but trust me, she's worth the trip. 
 


Also, people asked quite a few questions after the vlogFirst, the painting in the background is by an original from local Kentucky artist who is awesome. Her website is here, and I can't recommend her enough.  Second, I got the idea from Jessica, who again is adorable--again, everyone should check out her blog (and vlog of her accent).  I think it's gone viral, so everyone should play along as well :)



Finally, I have a giveaway :) This time, its promoting the Bluegrass and it's music.  Tiffany's fiance, Scotty Fields (who has been on Grand Ole Opry, awesome) is in the Bluegrass band, Driftwood. Scotty wrote 7 of the 12 songs on the CD Stronger Every Day and it was recently named one of the top ten best Bluegrass CDs in 2010.  You can preview (or purchase) the CD here, and you can enter below to win a copy of the CD.
To enter, please "like" Driftwood on Facebook and leave a comment below that you have done this.

For an extra entry (please leave a comment letting me know you did this):
  • comment on their Facebook wall about the giveaway.  
  • leave a comment on CDbaby.com 

This giveaway ends next Wednesday, January 26th at 11:59 PM.  I will draw the the winner at random on Thursday :) Good luck!



6 comments:

Kerr said...

omg that weather radar looks nasty. be safe and stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I like Driftwoord on Fb I'm always up for listening to new music, especially KY music!

Anonymous said...

I posted on the fb wall under the name Kelly C

JenPB said...

Lauren - Thanks for spreading the word about this group! I love bluegrass. You can read about why if you look at the comment I left on their wall (my name is something like Jen PB) :)

JenPB said...

Liked 'em on FB! :)

JenPB said...

HEY! Thanks for pointing me to CD Baby...I've never seen that site before. And they sound GREAT!

Post a Comment