Monday, August 8, 2011

Diese Woche War Wunderbar.

This past week was wonderful.

Cam's older brother is stationed in Afghanistan for the second year in a row. His wife and two adorable children were in town visiting the states from Germany--I haven't gotten to see them since our wedding (although Cam went to Heidelberg and saw them). We had a great time being the fun aunt and uncle--bedtimes, who needs bedtimes? Oh, you'd like more Gigi's cupcakes dear? Why sure... And you don't know what Orange Leaf is? Let's fix that, twice.
I took his niece to a tearoom for tea and crumpets.  Yes, we played dress-up in dresses and hats. You're only little once :)
The kids and Grandpa (my step-father-in-law) eating my fave.
Getting ready to go swimming



The best part: Cam's brother was in DC for training and a few days off so he flew in and got to surprise them.  It was amazing. The three year old made sure to introduce all of us to his daddy--adorable. 

Also, I had surgery this past week.  As I have mentioned on here before, I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts.  Cam and I weren't sure of our chances of having children, but the surgery went well and our chances look good as my doctor believes she was able to remove everything. I've had this surgery before, but the recovery this time has been much worse as it had spread since the past procedure--I just keep telling that our future babies will be freakin' adorable and worth this second surgery. 
I'm only halfway kidding when I say that the stinker better be as cute as the kids in Gap ads.
 And no, we are not ready to be parents quite yet.  I'd like to use this legal degree a bit first, thankyouverymuch.  But, it is such a relief and blessing to think that the possibility is still on the table.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

That tea party looks like fun! I bet yall had a blast being the fun aunt and uncle! Love that!!

Also, glad to hear your surgery went well! I just know yall are going to have some CUTE babies! :)

Lea Liz said...

How much fun to spil your neice and nephew!!!!!

So glad your survery went good girl and that you got good news :) Hope your recovering well!! OH and you will have adorable babies :)

Post a Comment