Monday, August 22, 2011

So What if I Sound Like Minnie Mouse?!


It's that time of year again--I have completely and utterly lost my voice. I'm at a high pitched, squeaky whisper that breaks into a raspy villain on occasion. Whatever is blooming right now, I hate you. 

I have racked my brain and can think of only two negatives to living in Kentucky: there is no beach, and the allergens are unbelievably awful.  

Funny observations thus far:
  • Inevitably, anyone who tries to talk to me just stares at me and says, "What did you say?" or the best, "Can you speak up?"  Really?  
  • Sometimes my voice just comes out as a hoarse whisper. Often, people respond back to me in a whisper as well without even realizing they are doing it.  Cam and I have gotten a kick out of that all day.
Despite my cartoonish voice, I had a great weekend unwinding from the trip and trying to re-adjust to the time zone (note the try: it is 1:30 am and I am up blogging in bed).  I made it out to Picnic with the Pops with a friend from Junior League Saturday night. I had never been to this local event before--it was so much fun. Anyone want to put together a table for next year?

5 comments:

Dollface said...

Why do you have a voice like this?! Also, glad you had fun with junior league! xo

Danielle said...

I've been 1 time to Picnic with the Pops and loved it. We've always said we want to go again and plan a fun table but we've never made it. Maybe one day!

Jill said...

Um...count me in for next year. I've never been to Picnic with the Pops and would love to go! :)

Katherine said...

i want to get a table next year too!

Anonymous said...

Honey I work for an allergist! it's those dang ragweeds, Got everybody going crazy! Hang in there!

Post a Comment