Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The New Meaning of Outdoor Living

One of our favorite things about our new home is the outdoor spaces.  It has such a Charleston feel to us--every time I step outside I feel like I'm on vacation.   I laughed that the courtyard would be my oasis from all the mauve (seriously--thank goodness its gone)!  Here's a of our updates to give you a glimpse of our great outdoors.

Again, here's the outside. We've since changed out the flag with a good ol' Kentucky state flag.
Behind the front boxwoods are hostas, lillies and ground cover.

Bench with impatients on the front porch. Ignore the painter's dropcloth--we were having the outside painted.
My oasis--i.e, the courtyard.
Multi-colored glass lantern bottles and a bird feeder we got from the Woodland Art Fair hanging in our magnolia tree.

 
Our baker's rack of flowers and lamppost.
Marigolds on a bench and pots of herbs.
Bricked walkway from the courtyard to the rest of the yard lined in coneflowers.
Backyard. Our dog is killing all the grass when she uses the bathroom. Any advice to keep the grass green?
Backyard from the steps from the driveway.
Close up of one of my favorite parts: the unpainted old brick fencing.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Your house is so charming! I love all your outdoor spaces too, especially the courtyard.

Maybe you could potty train your dog. That would be good training for motherhood (:

-Emily- said...

It looks beautiful! I love your lanterns hanging outside!

AbbyS. said...

stunning!!! I want to hang out there.
LOVE your home.

Katherine said...

ohh you know i LOVE it!! beautiful!

bride4life said...

Perfect Yard for pictures!

C Mae said...

I'd come hang in your yard!!!! Super gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW HOUSE!

You still in KY right?

Kate said...

I LOVE your house! I think it's pretty much my dream house.

I don't know if I've commented on here before... but I've been reading for a while and I love your blog!

Post a Comment