Source: frugallysustainable.com on Pinterest
Directions:
Pour 1/3 cup of baking soda into a ziploc bag. Slowly add 1 cup of white vinegar (it will fizz and foam as you add it). Place bag over showerhead, and secure with either a twist tie or rubber band. Let it soak for at least 2-3 hours, with best results being overnight. Wipe off showerhead before use.
My Twist:
I did it exactly as the directions state, and left it on overnight. I still could see the deposits, so i left it on another 12 hours.
Verdict:
Fail. I don't know if I may have limestone buildup instead of hard water deposits, but this did absolutely nothing even though I left it on for 24 hours. I plan on just using CLR.



1 comment:
Strange. It must be something else. I have been doing this one since we got married on our shower heads(I even did it on one of moms when we stayed there one night.Ha!), but I only use vinegar and it always works great! I use it on the faucets as well. I use the baking soda and vinegar combo to unclog drains and it works great for that.
Post a Comment