I was supposed to go to court this morning, so I wanted to do something a little more professional. I decided to do a quick half-up from the mahh-valous The Small Things blog.
The pin:
Source: thesmallthingsblog.blogspot.com via Pinterest
Directions:
She has a tutorial video on how to do this that is easy-peasy. Essentially, tease your hair slightly around the crown, and then brush lightly over the top it to smooth it out. Pin the portion near the crown of your head half up, leaving the front half of your hair (around your face) down. Then, take smaller pieces of your hair that is left and cross it over the area you just pinned, ensuring you cover up your bobby pins. Alternate sides so that you create the zig-zag pattern, doing your bang portion last. Hide any straggling pieces, and voila!
My Twist:
I selected my hairdo last night and watched her video. But, this morning I was rushing, so I went from memory because I didn't have time to watch the video again. I also didn't have time to check what I was doing as I went, so it had the potential to be terrible. I also twisted each end once as I was pinning it to give it a slightly textured feel, and tried to hide my bobby pins under the previous section. I also used blonde bobby pins so they aren't as noticeable as hers.
Verdict:
WIN. This took me almost no time to do (less than 6 minutes), and I feel polished and put together. Trust me, If I can do this, you can do this. I am TERRIBLE at hair and make up, and my hair is so thick and long that it is hard to manage. This has given me the confidence to try styling my hair more. I also think it would be a good base for a low, pretty bun. Here's a few pictures of my results (ignore the messy bathroom and low iPad quality, I was in a huge rush to get my court appearance that ended up not happening):




5 comments:
I am impressed! I have no hair skills.
Love the hair!!! I need to try that. Thanks for sharing
Pretty!
Your hair looks great!! I have no skillz either. My hair is about the same length as yours so maybe I'll give it a shot. Mine is also thick and heavy so any "lift" I get tends to fall down and my hair just looks blah.
It looks great girl!!!!
I love how your doing this pinning challenge, so fun!!!!
Hope you are doing well :)
Post a Comment