*disclaimer: I don't mean this to be offensive, but rather informative. As the title suggests, I am extremely unsure myself where I stand on the issue.***
Sometimes I feel as though I can be a contradiction when it comes to abortion. I am a moderate liberal, yet Catholic, woman and never really know how to fit all those pieces together. Because of that, I tend to ignore the idea of abortion and focus more on topics of which I am more knowledgable, like the death penalty. Up until this point, I had long decided that I personally never be comfortable getting an abortion, but I don't want to take that right away from all women in all circumstances. But, I was very against partial birth abortion, probably because the media portrays it as killing a healthy, smiling gerber baby.
But reading this article in Esquire recently made me second guess my position. Regardless of how you feel about the issue, I think the article is worth reading. It made me realize that all issues aren't as black and white as our media make them out to be and left me praying I would never be put in that sort of situation. I am unsure about my stance now, but thought the article was extremely informative to discuss the issue with the only late-term abortionist left after the death of Dr. George Tiller.
I realize that this is unusual for my blog, but I was rather impacted by this article and wanted to pass it along.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment