Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2/3rds a Lawyer and Top Ten Tuesday: Goals of the Summer

Finals are officially complete! I am beyond overjoyed right now! I can't believe I will be starting my final year of law school in the fall (assuming I pass everything this semester).  I'm ready for a summer full of free time, television, reading, cooking, the sun, regular blogging, and relaxing.  

I started an experimental allergy medicine today. I am pretty convinced I have the placebo  in the experiment because absolutely nothing happened. I sat there in the office, Epi-pen in hand, ready to have an allergy reaction, and then nothing.  Go figure. I guess it's better than turning purple.  

Now that my summer has officially begun, I decided today would be as good to set forth some general goals of the summer.  Some are easy, others are lofty.  I would love to accomplish all of them and more.  Here are just ten things I thought of quickly that I would love to get done this summer. 

Ten Goals of the Summer
  1. Paint the guest bedrooms (at least two of them) and paint  the trim upstairs (I've already bought the paint, so that's a start right?)
  2. Read the ten books on the previous Tuesday top ten list
  3. Fix up something around the house (like the convert the formal living room into an office or re-do the kitchen cabinets and counters)
  4. Enjoy my summer internship as much as possible
  5. Hand make something for the house (I'm thinking curtains, a duvet, or a bathroom mirror)
  6. Cook a healthy dinner every night for at least a week
  7. Get together with our friends at least once a week
  8. Take a day trip to a local town I haven't been to yet (maybe in Eastern KY because I have never been)
  9. Work on editing the KLJ article and my personal note, also pick and topic and research for my seminar and independent study papers so I don't have as much to do in the fall
  10. Watch the entire Lost series
YAY for summer!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like a good and productive list! I'd advise you to start with another small town other than EKY! Just kidding, well not really, but there are some pretty places there if you like mountains and can overlook poverty. My husband and my dad are both from there so I've had my fill. Have fun and enjoy your last summer, so to speak!

JMB said...

I am from Eastern Kentucky and Danielle may have a good point! Unless your just curious! haha BUT if I had any suggestions I would say - check out some of the lake areas, especially if you all have a boat or have any friends with a boat....Grayson Lake is nice and so is Carter Caves.

Unknown said...

Lauren don't watch lost unless you want to waste your entire summer. Then yes, watch every single episode.

d.a.r. said...

woohoo!! congrats on being done!!

Katherine said...

congrats girl! i hope you have a very RELAXING summer! where are you interning?

Post a Comment