Corny, I know, but I can't help myself sometimes. Here's the weekend recap.
Cam and I (and his little brother and Ritz) headed down to Tennessee this weekend to spend Memorial Day weekend with his family. Of course, Cam is spoiled and his favorite dessert, banana pudding, was waiting for him when we pulled in driveway. His step-mom also made these phenomenal cookies with chopped up snickers bars in them. I've just learned the accept the 5 pounds we gain every time we go down there because the food is just so good. It was overall a very well needed, relaxing weekend. I got a lot of sleep in (which was good because I've been exhausted recently) and did the initial above the line edit (a substantive and grammatical edit, not source edit) of a journal piece, so it was productive as well.
On Saturday, we headed down the lake for the morning because it was supposed to rain that afternoon. I was really hesitant to go boating as I just got an assignment on Friday regarding an awful boating accident, but it ended up being a lot of fun (and no accidents). Don't you just hate with work starts relating to real life? Of course, we forgot our camera, but Cam's sister put up these great pictures on her blog already so I am stealing them. Thanks Amber! Cam's nephew, Brady, was too cute and thoroughly enjoyed driving the boat and reminding everyone that he is number 1.
Amber and Brady on the boat.
Our captain, Brady (for the record, the boat was off and anchored at this time).
That night we ate dinner at a hibachi restaurant, which I love. Sunday morning we went to church and then went to brunch in Bell Buckle, TN. It is a cute little town that reminds me of Midway, KY (a restaurant and antique shopping town). Sunday night we had a big dinner at his parent's house. It was a full house with all four children, their spouses and children, his dad and step-mom, and his grandmother and her husband. His dad recently built a fire pit in the backyard, so we made s'mores around the fire and our brother-in-law played the guitar. This morning we had a big breakfast and then drove home. Ritz, our dog, clearly had a great time in the fields and brush because we pulled 17 ticks off of her (and, yes, we do use Frontline religiously on her). Luckily, most were dead, but it was pretty gross. We cleaned the house up, did laundry, picked the weeds, and went grocery shopping.
My goal this week: to blog daily again--I've missed it! Hope you all had a good weekend!



4 comments:
Glad you had a fun weekend! The weather couldn't have been more perfect, huh? :)
Glad you guys came down! Feel free to steal pictures anytime. I wish I had taken more!
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Remind me again about your intern situation. Do you currently have a job for the summer? And you still have 1 year left, right? My husband works for the Court of Appeals and they have a couple of clerks. He said they told him today that only 26 of the 150 2L's had paying jobs for the summer?! That's crazy! I hope you're one of the 26!
Danielle,
I just finished my 2L year (so I have one year left). 26 of the 150 sounds about right for people with paying jobs I'd say. Quite a few people are doing summer school to graduate early and others have nonpaying internships. I am EXTREMELY fortunate in that I am one of the 26, and I am even more blessed because I've adored both of my summer jobs and would be one lucky girl to have either of them work out permanently. So many people just don't have permanent jobs, so fingers crossed this fall that I get an offer somewhere...
Post a Comment